Kevin Mirallas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Miralles is a goalscorer. Even when he plays poorly like yesterday he can weigh in with a goal. Who else is a goalscorer? McCarthy, Barry? Even Lennon had scored just two for Spurs in the last two years!

He also is a dirty [Poor language removed] and we need one or two.

I hope we can keep him especially if his alternatives are Spurs and WHU and spend the money on getting replacements for Kone and a top no 10. Oh and for buying Del Boy.

Good to see Kev saying he likes playing for us. Maybe a bit too late but he's been quality for us so whether he stays or goes I wish him the best.

I do still think it might be time for him to leave but certainly wouldn't be against him staying however he needs to decide what he wants.

The ball is in his court.

He also is a dirty [Poor language removed] and we need one or two.

Have to disagree with that sentiment.

The day we "need" players to kick players the way Mirallas kicked that Burnley bloke today is the day I give up.

He coulld have broken the bloke's leg.

He could and should have been sent off and that woukd have been plain irresponsible of him.

We deffo need a hard man or two in the side......but there us a difference between a tough guy enforcer and a dirty player.

Have to disagree with that sentiment.

The day we "need" players to kick players the way Mirallas kicked that Burnley bloke today is the day I give up.

He coulld have broken the bloke's leg.

He could and should have been sent off and that woukd have been plain irresponsible of him.

We deffo need a hard man or two in the side......but there us a difference between a tough guy enforcer and a dirty player.

Agree, we need a bit of snide and determination to win at all costs, but not thuggery.

(Yes I do love Big Dunc but that's beside the point!)

I agree with you. I never defended that tackle but rather I was describing his outlook.

I recall when Luis Suarez put him out for a month. Next derby game and Miralles got him back at the first opportunity.

I hope those of you on the Mirallas 'snide don't want' don't ever forget this...fkin legend!

luis-suarez_2744043b.jpg

Been disappointed with kev this season some games he looks world class and then the next game he goes missing he has been a great buy at 6 million but because he doesnt produce every game has kept him from getting moves to other clubs like athletico and dortumund. I have thought this season when we have been playing poor he would have stood out more by carrying the team when we where playing poor but he didnt step up,
We bought Mirallas for £6m, and he's our second-highest scorer this season. He was beaten into third place by one goal last season, and I think he was our second highest scorer in his first season with us too.

His career totals for Everton are 27 goals and 23 assists in 101 games since Aug 2012. Pienaar (in the same period) has played 77, scored 8 and assisted 14; Naismith is on 108 games, 23 goals and 11 assists in the same period, Osman is on 109, 13 and 11. Only Lukaku has scored more, but he also has less assists (14 in total over his two seasons with us). McGeady doesn't warrant a mention, and Barkley's goals and assists are still in single figures for his entire senior career.

You don't have any right to ask a £6m player to carry a team that has ambitions to reach the top 4 in the prem, or win the Europa League - that's a burden you put on a £20m+ player. However, Kev has delivered significantly more than we could have hoped for the fee we paid - statistically he is our second biggest contributor in attack and can be relied upon to weigh in with eight to ten goals a season. As others have mentioned before, his lack of consistently elite performances is the reason we got him cheap. Such a shame that the anti-Mirallas bandwagon continue to use such a weak argument to criticise him, and it will be interesting to see how Lennon compares statistically, should we sign him for the rumoured £6m fee.

_82407396_mirallasburnleyap.jpg

We bought Mirallas for £6m, and he's our second-highest scorer this season. He was beaten into third place by one goal last season, and I think he was our second highest scorer in his first season with us too.

His career totals for Everton are 27 goals and 23 assists in 101 games since Aug 2012. Pienaar (in the same period) has played 77, scored 8 and assisted 14; Naismith is on 108 games, 23 goals and 11 assists in the same period, Osman is on 109, 13 and 11. Only Lukaku has scored more, but he also has less assists (14 in total over his two seasons with us). McGeady doesn't warrant a mention, and Barkley's goals and assists are still in single figures for his entire senior career.

You don't have any right to ask a £6m player to carry a team that has ambitions to reach the top 4 in the prem, or win the Europa League - that's a burden you put on a £20m+ player. However, Kev has delivered significantly more than we could have hoped for the fee we paid - statistically he is our second biggest contributor in attack and can be relied upon to weigh in with eight to ten goals a season. As others have mentioned before, his lack of consistently elite performances is the reason we got him cheap. Such a shame that the anti-Mirallas bandwagon continue to use such a weak argument to criticise him, and it will be interesting to see how Lennon compares statistically, should we sign him for the rumoured £6m fee.

_82407396_mirallasburnleyap.jpg

So true. I really hope he stays. i like watching him play, he has that extra quality that so few players of Everton have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back