Kevin Mirallas

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my point. As soon as champions league football is on the table MIrallas is off .. If we sell him now we can get someone else with the money - if we don't he will moan and keep saying he wants to leave every 2 months until his contract is up and he walks away on a bosman - clear as day what he is at so get it sorted !

Ive been saying sell him after that peno incident.

If we were to sell him does it not put us in an akward position?

Clubs go on the basis its the last year of his contract and under bid for him. We trigger the additional year and a lot of potential suitors then get put off on the basis we are after more money. He isnt the must have type of player for the clubs who he would want to play for so unless there is one club who will pay the extra on one year then we may not sell him anyway

It's a tricky balancing act, I think. If the club wants to keep him, but thinks it might be forced to sell him cheap or lose him on a Bosman
next year, tell him to sign for another year and you can go now if the right offer comes in. If he says get stuffed, at least you know where you stand, and you can roll the dice and knock back any silly bids and negotiate. Then it'll depend on how much other clubs want him.
I hope he stays, but if he goes and we can replace him like for like with the fee, so be it.

If a champ league club offers more than £10m he'll be off because of his precarious contract/willingness to mouth off. I still love the weird eyed beaut though.

Not sure why anyone is bothered really - he's been sulking all season and we all knew he was likely off at the end of it. His comments the other week were a massive surprise; his comments now are actually what I expected.

He's a sulker, inconsistent and honestly I won't miss him at the club at all, as he was above everyone else clearly not putting a shift in for the last six months.

£10-15m ish and I'd be happy with that. Trigger the extra year safe in the knowledge that we will get a buyer for him for around that price tag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back