Kevin Mirallas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure why anyone is bothered really - he's been sulking all season and we all knew he was likely off at the end of it. His comments the other week were a massive surprise; his comments now are actually what I expected.

He's a sulker, inconsistent and honestly I won't miss him at the club at all, as he was above everyone else clearly not putting a shift in for the last six months.

£10-15m ish and I'd be happy with that. Trigger the extra year safe in the knowledge that we will get a buyer for him for around that price tag.

You wouldnt miss the only player other than Rom who gets near double figure goals?

You wouldnt miss the only player other than Rom who gets near double figure goals?

Nope. I think team unity and cohesion is more important than a very hit and miss flair player that you can find numerous amounts of all over Europe.

I've been consistent on this view on him too. He is comfortably our most inconsistent player; I'd rather have a winger who offers a bit less than him but does it regularly, than someone who can win games but does it once or twice every six months.

He'd be much better served looking at himself and trying to improve his game than sulking. Just indicates a weak mentality to me - a guy who thinks he should be a winner but can't be arsed actually trying to be one.

Nope. I think team unity and cohesion is more important than a very hit and miss flair player that you can find numerous amounts of all over Europe.

I've been consistent on this view on him too. He is comfortably our most inconsistent player; I'd rather have a winger who offers a bit less than him but does it regularly, than someone who can win games but does it once or twice every six months.

He'd be much better served looking at himself and trying to improve his game than sulking. Just indicates a weak mentality to me - a guy who thinks he should be a winner but can't be arsed actually trying to be one.

I mean I do agree that he's a massive fannyhead. If you read back I've called him a fanny about 98 time now I think.

Just think we will find it much harder than you'd think to replace a goalscoring midfielder/winger/forward like him.

As for weak mentality, true, but so do a hell of a lot of our players I reckon.

Not sure why anyone is bothered really - he's been sulking all season and we all knew he was likely off at the end of it. His comments the other week were a massive surprise; his comments now are actually what I expected.

He's a sulker, inconsistent and honestly I won't miss him at the club at all, as he was above everyone else clearly not putting a shift in for the last six months.

£10-15m ish and I'd be happy with that. Trigger the extra year safe in the knowledge that we will get a buyer for him for around that price tag.
Spot on.

I also reckon we'll have had his best years already.

I'd be reasonably happy if we got into the habit of pulling off the trick of paying a decent amount for a player, got three season's of more than decent performances out of them, then sold them on at a profit.

It's what any club should do, more especially if the player obviously wants out.

£10M+ = shake their hand and wish him a bon voyage, then reinvest.

If we sell him for 10 m and spend 8-9m on Lennon I'll be fuming
If Lennon does what he's done so far I'd rather have him plus a couple of million to spend. He's scoring, creating and allowing Coleman to play his game. That has to be better than Mirallas chipping in with the odd great goal but not much else.

I mean I do agree that he's a massive fannyhead. If you read back I've called him a fanny about 98 time now I think.

Just think we will find it much harder than you'd think to replace a goalscoring midfielder/winger/forward like him.

As for weak mentality, true, but so do a hell of a lot of our players I reckon.

Sako at Wolves at the right price would be good; seen him a few times and he's impressed at that level, and would be a free with wages probably lower than Mirallas. Net financial gain, with the transfer fee for Mirallas on top. Then there's Deulofeu of course.

Get them two up and you suddenly have a really active, pacey winger who runs all day, and a flair player who can unlock defences - instead of a sulker who can't be relied on.

I think the spine of our side is good - if we only lose Mirallas this summer, I'd be delighted, as we'd still have Stones, and we'd have Barkley/Lukaku, who would struggle to have a worse season if they tried; I expect them to improve rapidly next season.

What we need is pace and energy to supplement what we've got; not sulking and inconsistency.

If Lennon does what he's done so far I'd rather have him plus a couple of million to spend. He's scoring, creating and allowing Coleman to play his game. That has to be better than Mirallas chipping in with the odd great goal but not much else.

We saw the real Lennon in his last few games here. No thanks.

£3m tops, and for that Spurs should be grateful we're taking the wage bill off them. Massive gamble.

But his impact when he arrived simply by running about showed us all how ineffectual a can't-be-arsed winger like Mirallas is to our overall play.

Sako at Wolves at the right price would be good; seen him a few times and he's impressed at that level, and would be a free with wages probably lower than Mirallas. Net financial gain, with the transfer fee for Mirallas on top. Then there's Deulofeu of course.

Get them two up and you suddenly have a really active, pacey winger who runs all day, and a flair player who can unlock defences - instead of a sulker who can't be relied on.

I think the spine of our side is good - if we only lose Mirallas this summer, I'd be delighted, as we'd still have Stones, and we'd have Barkley/Lukaku, who would struggle to have a worse season if they tried; I expect them to improve rapidly next season.

What we need is pace and energy to supplement what we've got; not sulking and inconsistency.

I don't mind Sako either. And we all know my feelings towards Deulofeu, the sexy little sh*t. I'd be happy with those two I think, although I did read that Sako wanted something like £80k. LOLOLOLOL

I guess my worry is that we don't score loads anyway, and losing someone who does get goals even when he's on his period might not be that great.

I don't mind Sako either. And we all know my feelings towards Deulofeu, the sexy little sh*t. I'd be happy with those two I think, although I did read that Sako wanted something like £80k. LOLOLOLOL

I guess my worry is that we don't score loads anyway, and losing someone who does get goals even when he's on his period might not be that great.

We didn't score last season as we lost all pace in the attack, so teams weren't scared of us which meant Coleman/Baines couldn't bomb on.

I don't think Mirallas has at any point been the crucial part of our attacking system, even before Martinez arrived. More important is to bring the players in who will run the ball and/or get beyond defenders so that Lukaku can be running onto balls instead of having his back to goal.

That's the hope for me anyway - no doubt we'll tippy tappy to 15th or something.

We didn't score last season as we lost all pace in the attack, so teams weren't scared of us which meant Coleman/Baines couldn't bomb on.

I don't think Mirallas has at any point been the crucial part of our attacking system, even before Martinez arrived. More important is to bring the players in who will run the ball and/or get beyond defenders so that Lukaku can be running onto balls instead of having his back to goal.

That's the hope for me anyway - no doubt we'll tippy tappy to 15th or something.

While I get what you mean, he sort of is, as he actually gets goals.

I agree with you on Lennon by the way. It's a no from me.

TBH, got to say that my ideal team only has Mirrallas as a maybe.

................Lukaku

........................Barkley/Mirallas

.......Deulofeu........................ Lennon

.................McCarthy.... Besic

....Baines ... Jagielka....Stones .... Coleman

Me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back