Kevin Mirallas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope. I think team unity and cohesion is more important than a very hit and miss flair player that you can find numerous amounts of all over Europe.

I've been consistent on this view on him too. He is comfortably our most inconsistent player; I'd rather have a winger who offers a bit less than him but does it regularly, than someone who can win games but does it once or twice every six months.

He'd be much better served looking at himself and trying to improve his game than sulking. Just indicates a weak mentality to me - a guy who thinks he should be a winner but can't be arsed actually trying to be one.

On this basis i would say compare Mirallas to Ronaldo when he first arrived. Ronaldo was told he was good and thought it, Mirallas has been told he is good and thinks it, difference now is Ronaldo actually does anything and everything to prove he is a winner - like you say players like Mirallas believe they are winners without doing much about it. If his weekly pay slip pays for his diamond ear rings then he is a winner in his own eyes.

While I get what you mean, he sort of is, as he actually gets goals.

I agree with you on Lennon by the way. It's a no from me.

Mirallas is a weird one as he's a winger who generally can't cross or pass. He's more of an inside forward.

I think having a good crosser of the ball would benefit us, or someone who can unlock defences in the inside forward role like Pienaar. Let's be honest - if Pienaar was fit for the last six months, I think Mirallas would have struggled to get a game; he was that bad.

Not sure why anyone is bothered really - he's been sulking all season and we all knew he was likely off at the end of it. His comments the other week were a massive surprise; his comments now are actually what I expected.

He's a sulker, inconsistent and honestly I won't miss him at the club at all, as he was above everyone else clearly not putting a shift in for the last six months.

£10-15m ish and I'd be happy with that. Trigger the extra year safe in the knowledge that we will get a buyer for him for around that price tag.
Spot on mate !

He's a constant injury concern. He gets played 90 minutes consecutively, then a hamstring or a calf goes.

If a team is batty enough to give us 10-15m for a player who is splits time between physio and pitch, then I'll bite their hand off for that price.

He's a constant injury concern. He gets played 90 minutes consecutively, then a hamstring or a calf goes.

If a team is batty enough to give us 10-15m for a player who is splits time between physio and pitch, then I'll bite their hand off for that price.

Yes%2Bsir%2BD%2Bthis%2Bgif%2Bwas%2Bgolden%2B_483d2e3ead21878f296690ac04d468c4.jpg

Eh he did choose us over Arsenal. We got him at a good price, he performed well at times and/or wanted to make you pull out your hair. We'll sell him for what we paid for him. We probably need a winger who is going to give us width anyway (especially if the Gerard rumors are true). We'll be OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back