Kevin Mirallas

Status
Not open for further replies.
What? Flair players who consistently show their worth are applauded. Silva? Cazorla? Just two players who combine creativity with consistency. You may be happy to watch Mirrallas sulk for five games at a time but when has he taken a game by the scruff of the neck and dragged us through the mire? West Ham away in the cup is all and we were unlucky to lose.
he completely fails to grasp the definition of team work, never passes to Baines, runs down blind alleys and then spouts off in the press about his ambitions.

"But he got us 10 goals"

And so he should when he contributes zero else to our side.

Lennon every day of the week for me.

Silva and Cazorla are fantastic players and Mirallas isn't at that level, he is however a lot more effective than Lennon (who I actually rate).

The problem is we get rid of players like Mirallas then who's coming in to fill that void? You can't just take 11 goals out the team and say it won't have a negative impact. Yes, he's a level short of the top players in the league but he's easily one of our best and we should be doing all we can to retain him.

If Mirallas contributes zero to the side then God help the verdict on McGeady, Barkley and Kone.

Last edited:
I love him but not expecting him to be an Everton player next season. If that is the case I hope we fleece whoever buys him for as much as we can get.

You are categorising people in a very simplistic way. We all want to see brilliant flair players, but these days they have also got to play for the team, not themselves. We cannot afford to sacrifice results by playing the likes of Mirrallas who might give you a decent goal now and again , but will most of the time be a passenger, or be on the pitch for a limited time because of an inability or problem keeping fit to play a complete game. Mirrallas has had a fitness problem throughout his career at this limits his usefulness to an ambitious team. I find your remark re 'all British ' to be inconsidered at the least, and possibly bordering on an unfounded racist accusation which I hope was not your intention. I would like Mirrallas if he could do what he does best even 75% of the time, but he is not able to do this. It is sometimes the price you pay for having a flair player in your side, but we cannot afford to play with 10 and a half men every week, and the manager cannot have plans including Mirrallas when Mirrallas is so unreliable.

Mirallas was one of our better players. There were plenty of games at least in the first half of the season where he was about the only one coming out of a game with any credit. So to say he's a liability is quite an accusation to make, especially given how many other players there are at this club who were far more worthy of that label over the past 12 months.

Same as the point I made earlier, you get rid of those 11 goals then who is coming in to score them? We're already lacking in terms of creativity and goals. We should be looking to add to players like Mirallas, not get rid of them.

What? Flair players who consistently show their worth are applauded. Silva? Cazorla? Just two players who combine creativity with consistency. You may be happy to watch Mirrallas sulk for five games at a time but when has he taken a game by the scruff of the neck and dragged us through the mire? West Ham away in the cup is all and we were unlucky to lose.
he completely fails to grasp the definition of team work, never passes to Baines, runs down blind alleys and then spouts off in the press about his ambitions.

"But he got us 10 goals"

And so he should when he contributes zero else to our side.

Lennon every day of the week for me.
You are directly at fault for evertons lack of progress, lennon couldnt lace kevs boots

Mirallas was one of our better players. There were plenty of games at least in the first half of the season where he was about the only one coming out of a game with any credit. So to say he's a liability is quite an accusation to make, especially given how many other players there are at this club who were far more worthy of that label over the past 12 months.

Same as the point I made earlier, you get rid of those 11 goals then who is coming in to score them? We're already lacking in terms of creativity and goals. We should be looking to add to players like Mirallas, not get rid of them.
Thing is tho this aint Mirallas FC if he kept his gob shut & done his talking on the pitch for more than 15/20 minutes we'd all be happy.
Goes without saying class act when he's on his game,unfortunately those games are few and far between.Too good for the club...bye Kev.

Its the usual clueless muppets who dont rate kev, these clowns would be made up with gary megson as manager, we can fill our team with 11 hard working, loyal servants, with no technique, all british, and all get a standing ovation when they boot the ball out of play. We dont deserve good players, this is how flair gets treated in this country, we should just pick the squad based on bleep test results
Is there any part of "I'm too good for this club & need to be playing Chapions lge" that you dont understand ?
Havent seen or heard anyone doubting the lads ability , but plenty doubting his attitude.

He's the 1st player Ive seen at Everton that both deserves all the praise and all the critism that he gets. If buying Gerard means we have to fund it by selling Mirallas I'd do it. I just wouldn't want to see him on a prem side. He was absolutely scary to watch for Belgium against the US.

Dont get me wrong I love him. But when player does stupid things it kinda puts me off. I start to think the bigger sceme of things...Clubs interest.
Theres a time for everything...If Monaco for example would pay nicely id take it. Soon we wouldnt get s*** and we would be looking half arsed Belgian.

Kev is a luxury player. Skilfull but injury prone. He's been flirting with departure for some time now. Personally I dont like it..at all.

It's just time...imo.

If Monaco bid, it best get turned down. No chance you wanna lose Kev, at any cost.

When he's on the pitch he's the one guy you fancy could do something on his own to get us going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back