Kevin Mirallas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone who is pro Mirallas please explain why they are so keen to keep a player who offers so little?

He's a winger who averages 7 goals a season in the premier league. It's not spectacular but it's superior to most of his peers. There were only seven winger/midfielders who scored more PL goals than him last season (Sanchez, Hazard, Eriksen, Toure, Mata, Gerrard, Ki) and with the exception of Ki Sung-yueng at Swansea they almost all a) more or less play up front anyway b) take penalties and/or c) played more minutes than Mirallas.

No one's saying he's a world beater but he's obviously a fairly effective player, probably the most effective goal scoring winger we've had since Kanchelskis. To claim he offers us nothing is myopic.

The only aspiration I've ever seen in Mirallas' demeanour at GP is self promotion beyond his actual ability, and if people would see beyond a few good moments and look at the little that this guy actually produces for the team this would be a sensible discussion. Can someone who is pro Mirallas please explain why they are so keen to keep a player who offers so little? could they explain the fact that he is never fit to complete a game(also a fact at his previous clubs), could they explain why his continual sulking is considered an asset? Could they explain why his selfish play is considered an asset? could they explain why his lack of team ethic is considered an asset? Like Davek, and snatch £8-10 million for him in a flas and laugh all the way to the bank. Let some other mug of a club deal with an expensive half-player.

I'll answer those if you can tell me where the 10ish goals a season will be replaced if he leaves please.

Mirallas is looking to leave the club , rather than the club is trying to sell Mirallas.

The broken promise claim made by the player against the club relates to a refusal by the club to sell him in January.

The player wants to leave, it has been blatantly obvious since January.I have no problem with that, he has no ties to Everton and his next contract will be the biggest and most lucrative in his career.
Personally I don't believe it will be to as big a club as some people expect. He can be a very exciting player, but inconsistent and sometimes a little selfish. Not good enough for the top teams , but still an important part of our squad and a loss.

But, if a player insists on leaving as he inches towards the end of a contract what is the club to do. We have just signed Cleverley and Utd didn't get a penny, we cannot afford to let that happen with Mirallas.

But then , some will look for any reason to criticise manager and club.

Take a bow son, nail on head and a very mature way of assessing the situation ;)

The only aspiration I've ever seen in Mirallas' demeanour at GP is self promotion beyond his actual ability, and if people would see beyond a few good moments and look at the little that this guy actually produces for the team this would be a sensible discussion. Can someone who is pro Mirallas please explain why they are so keen to keep a player who offers so little? could they explain the fact that he is never fit to complete a game(also a fact at his previous clubs), could they explain why his continual sulking is considered an asset? Could they explain why his selfish play is considered an asset? could they explain why his lack of team ethic is considered an asset? Like Davek, and snatch £8-10 million for him in a flas and laugh all the way to the bank. Let some other mug of a club deal with an expensive half-player.

You dislike him fair enough. Just see how many goals and assists he contributed to this team each season. If he leaves, what kind of player, as you suggested a £8-10m signing can be a suitable replacement? I have no idea.

The point is he doesn't want to be here. End of story. Get the cash and move on. We'll have to take our chances on another player.

This 100 times over. I heard Martinez's podcast the other day and what he said which was basically we want and need players who want to play for Everton. If that's Mirallas then that's fantastic if he doesn't then get some money for him and get someone who wants to be here. To his credit Martinez has never been slow to develop players to play in positions and to move quickly to sign people who leave. After last season we need to move on any players who don't want to be here, it's a natural and good time to make a break and move forward.

Over the years, particularly the last 15 years we've had doom mongerers saying we'd implode if players left. I've seen Ball, Jeffers, Arteta, Rooney, Gravesen, Lescott all depart. All of them had a more central role than Mirallas and we survived and move forward successfully. The same would occur.

For those talking about goals, he has scored 6,8 and 7 league goals in his time here. Not terrible but not exactly a world beater either. If we lost Mirallas and got in Deulofeu for similar money it would be a great swap.

I wouldn't want to be here either if I got substituted every match, irrespective of how I was playing.
Can someone please tell me how many times Mirallas has played the full 90 under Martinez?

Kev is boss.

Boss when he's on song. That's the crux of the argument about him. I don't think anybody in this thread has said that Mirallas doesn't have ability, or is a bit shabite. It's more the fact that he can be brilliant, but often he is also underwhelming and ineffective.

Add to that, that he's been a media whore,

Nobody has said he's crap, I think some just wonder if he's worth the hassle. He was anonymous for us for a large chunk of this season, and for no real reason.

Still, maybe he was sulking. Must have been hard for him not playing for a bigger club in the mid-winter where he disappeared for Everton whilst we were paying him scores of grands a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back