Kevin Mirallas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't want to be here either if I got substituted every match, irrespective of how I was playing.
Can someone please tell me how many times Mirallas has played the full 90 under Martinez?

Five this season. He's only done it once without getting injured shortly afterwards, which I think is the main reason why it doesn't happen often.

Five this season. He's only done it once without getting injured shortly afterwards, which I think is the main reason why it doesn't happen often.

Five!? And he was involved in how many? 30+? I'm surprised the number is so high. I get the argument around injuries but getting subbed after 60 mins away to Arsenal when we are down 0-1 and chasing a goal is utter garbage. Leave the kid on!!!

The point is he doesn't want to be here. End of story. Get the cash and move on. We'll have to take our chances on another player.
I don't disagree with taking the cash for him if he wants to leave, I was merely making the point that if it's circa £12m we're going to struggle to replace his goals for that sort of cash in the current market

This 100 times over. I heard Martinez's podcast the other day and what he said which was basically we want and need players who want to play for Everton. If that's Mirallas then that's fantastic if he doesn't then get some money for him and get someone who wants to be here. To his credit Martinez has never been slow to develop players to play in positions and to move quickly to sign people who leave. After last season we need to move on any players who don't want to be here, it's a natural and good time to make a break and move forward.

Over the years, particularly the last 15 years we've had doom mongerers saying we'd implode if players left. I've seen Ball, Jeffers, Arteta, Rooney, Gravesen, Lescott all depart. All of them had a more central role than Mirallas and we survived and move forward successfully. The same would occur.

For those talking about goals, he has scored 6,8 and 7 league goals in his time here. Not terrible but not exactly a world beater either. If we lost Mirallas and got in Deulofeu for similar money it would be a great swap.
Yep, he's by no means irreplaceable. He's a selfish player. If Martinez is to stamp his system in for this season you really cant have someone who basically plays for themselves as a crucial first team player.

This summer is one of those rare moments when you're safe in the knowledge that if one of our better players has to be sold then there's one here who can go and fetch decent cash and wont leave too much of a hole. He's a very good player in bits and pieces, but we cant afford that, not when he leaves so much for others to do to compensate for him.

I don't disagree with taking the cash for him if he wants to leave, I was merely making the point that if it's circa £12m we're going to struggle to replace his goals for that sort of cash in the current market
I think you get like for like with £12M. It isn't a great player we're having to replace if he goes. He's a good impact player. Let's have it right. If £12M cant be used to cover that loss then we may as well pack it in.

Genuine question, if hes as anonymous for large parts of games as people say on here and he's still by far our most productive midfielder, then what does that say about the others?

just for comparison Mirallas was involved in a goal every 139 mins on the pitch, for lennon its over 300 mins.

Still waiting for the quotes saying he wants to leave David.

Oh yeah "misquoted" I expect.
smiley-rolleyes010.gif

Genuine question, if hes as anonymous for large parts of games as people say on here and he's still by far our most productive midfielder, then what does that say about the others?

just for comparison Mirallas was involved in a goal every 139 mins on the pitch, for lennon its over 300 mins.
It says Barry, Aids and Naismith are crap, McCarthy's not creative, and if we "replace" Mirrallas with Lennon, Martinez needs replacing.

I would be more than happy if we could replace Mirallas with Deulofeu.

A question was very coreectly asked a couple of pages back about who could we sign that could contribute the goals Mirallas scored if he left.
I think Deulofeu would and bring more to the attacking side of our game as well.

This is not meant as a criticism of Mirallas , just I think Deulofeu has the potential to be a far better player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back