Kevin Mirallas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mirallas isn't one of our best players. Not even close.

Whether he scored or not is irrelevant. He was disrespectful to the team full stop.

I don't know who we could get - I'm not a footy agent but at our level in the market it's all about latent or future potential.

We should see Mirallas and move on.

This isn't about Naismith but in any case a) he was a free and b) he always does his best and plays for the team

There is a reason why you're over 400 in the red.

Mirallas is one of the few players we have in the team who knows where the back of the net is. The lad can change a game and on form he ranks high in the prem. Unfortunately he is on form once a month and his attitude doesn't warrant a blue shirt.

why would anyone ever want Miralas to go - he is a strong asset. I am not sure I can see him and Gerrard in the same line up as that effectively neutralises the full backs. unless one of the two is playing at #10. Lennon seems the best buy at this moment in time. Left Mid is still the issue with Pienaar's age.

Mirallas isn't one of our best players. Not even close.

Whether he scored or not is irrelevant. He was disrespectful to the team full stop.

I don't know who we could get - I'm not a footy agent but at our level in the market it's all about latent or future potential.

We should see Mirallas and move on.

This isn't about Naismith but in any case a) he was a free and b) he always does his best and plays for the team
boo hoo he took a pen because he thought he'd slot it and win us the game. rather have players chomping at the bit to take an opportunity. but he doesn't run alot so he can jog on huh?

Hate his attitude sometimes, if he was consistant, we would never get near a player like him. He'd be playing in the Champions League every season. However, its that attitude and inconsistency that put him in our range in the first place. No question he's easily one of our best players on his day. And if we could sort out his whingeing and enormous ego, then nobody should want him to go anywhere.

As it is, if hes made his mind up he wants off, let him go and take the money. We've seen he is as useless when he's sulking, as he is good when he's in the mood.

why would anyone ever want Miralas to go - he is a strong asset. I am not sure I can see him and Gerrard in the same line up as that effectively neutralises the full backs. unless one of the two is playing at #10. Lennon seems the best buy at this moment in time. Left Mid is still the issue with Pienaar's age.

Just to be clear I didn't say I wanted him to be sold. I said if Martinez feels he's not going to improve further in terms of what he contributes then its a good time to sell - on the proviso that the cash is then spent on a player our manager feels could help us more. That's all I said.

boo hoo he took a pen because he thought he'd slot it and win us the game. rather have players chomping at the bit to take an opportunity. but he doesn't run alot so he can jog on huh?

Have you ever played a team sport?

He can show all that aggression and self confidence in training and in practice matches. But on the pitch he has to follow the manager's plans. There's a team ethos in any successful team and what he did that match was downright wrong.

A team needs a balance of players. I understand that. The correct attitude is vital though. As before I didn't say I wanted to sell him at all. Irrespective of that he's not someone of such talent that we should put up with crap on the pitch.

There is a reason why you're over 400 in the red.

Mirallas isn't in our top 5 players by any measure of worth or quality.

Lukaku, Stones and Barkley are way above his level.

McCarthy and Coleman are also a hell of a lot better.

I'd also say Baines is worth more to us and has a higher transfer value.

That's 6 ahead of him and 4 behind him in any starting 11. Of which he's not guaranteed a place.

The world is full of opinions.

the way everyone got on gerrys twitter and basically begged him to come back,we should be on kevs,telling him to stay put dont make a mistake and leave!

Have you ever played a team sport?

He can show all that aggression and self confidence in training and in practice matches. But on the pitch he has to follow the manager's plans. There's a team ethos in any successful team and what he did that match was downright wrong.

A team needs a balance of players. I understand that. The correct attitude is vital though. As before I didn't say I wanted to sell him at all. Irrespective of that he's not someone of such talent that we should put up with crap on the pitch.
Played team sports for 17 years and yeah a balance is needed but I like that Kev had the stones to take it. If you read a lot of the quotes that came out after that pen and barkleys miss a few games later, it seems pretty certain the team plan was whoever fancied it could take it. Now if that was a smart plan is a different argument entirely

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back