2023/24 Kevin Thelwell

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to think this but Brentford are losing goals in Toney this summer, know Maupay from previous spells, had him score a decent handful, know we need cash and that we would probably accept his book value (under 10mil).

And despite this they are happy for him to go. Says a lot.
Haven't Brentford bought a striker - one that will fill the role that Maupay played?

Where’s the evidence that Thelwell had absolutely ‘no say’ in the appointment?

Crying? Your literal existence on this forum is you just piss your pants about everything. Although it’s nice to see some personal growth from you giving an ounce of credit to any Everton manager.
Because he’s a middle manager who does not sit on the board.

We haven’t won a trophy in 30 years mert and your main concern is if the RS are cheating.

But yeah, ok

Because he’s a middle manager who does not sit on the board.

We haven’t won a trophy in 30 years mert and your main concern is if the RS are cheating.

But yeah, ok

You’re the one bringing the RS up here when this has nothing to do with them

Ah really we haven’t won anything in 30 years? I hadn’t realised, thanks for telling the forum. I can now see why you want to sack every manager who works for us every 3 months.

Maybe we should get rid of all the people at the club who don’t sit on the board as well. I’m sure if Moshiri just spins the wheel on who you want as the next manager every other month we’ll be winning trophies again in no time. Seriously why bother even employing and consulting all the data and scouting teams under Thelwell when Chris off the internet can just tell you who to hire as manager to bring the glory days back.

I'd take any of them ahead of £30m for Beto
I'm still hopeful with Beto. Give him a run of consecutive games and we can judge him properly. Although I did think Tom Davies would turn into a decent player too. So I might not be the best judge of a footballer...

Off the bench. To fill in. Add competition.

A. By the sounds of things a lot of people really wanted is a loan or up to £15mill for a 10 a season back up striker

B. United and the RS spent £80mill each to get about 10 goals last season
A. Beto cost us a lot more than £15m. Just because we paid less than that upfront doesn't mean he costs less than that. £25+m for 5 goals off the bench seems expensive to me and not a good signing.
B. And they were both considered to be flops and have been the subject of ridicule.

You have also suggested that we would get a combined £25m for Maupay and Beto which mitigates Thelwell's decision to buy them. I think that is highly optimistic and, even if we were to get that fee, would represent a significant loss on the pair for very little on field return.
For what it's worth, in other areas of the pitch I think Thelwell has done alright, not great but alright, but up front he's had a mare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back