2023/24 Kevin Thelwell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kevs doing ok so far.

Reasonably proactive and signing younger players with a point to prove.

I’d expected a big fee for one of our better players before now. (granted it may still happen) It’s refreshing to have a few players in before deadline day!

Kevs doing ok so far.

Reasonably proactive and signing younger players with a point to prove.

I’d expected a big fee for one of our better players before now. (granted it may still happen) It’s refreshing to have a few players in before deadline day!
Ndaiye, Iroegbunam, Philogene, Kiota, Tchatchoua - I like the fact big Kev is going after players he knows Dyche has got no chance of pronouncing their names :lol:

Re-signing Jack Harrison is a net neutral to the squad.

Swapping Dobbin who we never use for a midfielder we won't use.

Ndiaye is the only impactful signing.

And not all clubs need as much work as we do.

I dont know what you're expecting though Nymz, everyone is well aware we need some actual cash flow. Thelwell literally stated on the website early in summer (asin, post last game), that there would be sales needed.

We'd all love to have 8 players in ready for pre-sesaon but it's just not gonna happen when we are awaiting sales (in a Euros year too)

I dont know what you're expecting though Nymz, everyone is well aware we need some actual cash flow. Thelwell literally stated on the website early in summer (asin, post last game), that there would be sales needed.

We'd all love to have 8 players in ready for pre-sesaon but it's just not gonna happen when we are awaiting sales (in a Euros year too)

There is a loans and free agents market out there.

There is a loans and free agents market out there.
There are, but clubs have to agree loans, players have to agree contracts. I dont want to get into the whole 'football manager' style, "who would you sign off this FA list and then suddenly we're world beaters".

I understand the worry, I do, but we are not the most appealing and we have to be careful as to what we're spending.

I know it's a comical phrase these days, because of our Iranian clown, but we're going to have to see where we are at at the end of the window. I'm not saying we should all be happy just now, just that we need to reserve judgement for a bit longer, that's all.

I don't know how much money you have to play with but do you fancy doing something? We kick off the season in 5 weeks.

Selling onana for only £50m and buying ndiaye who absolutely bombed last season For more money then Marseille payed for him.

Has me a bit worried about his abilities as a dof tbh

Rule to follow, ignore any link with any player over 25 on a purchase, we simply aren't doing so. Loans or frees yes, ignore any player link of s guy who'll be coming in on over 90k pw, we aren't doing that.

Any link to aplayer who has started to break into a side but hasn't established himself yet there, or any player who has broke through then had a down season, then likely to be a genuine link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back