Kirkby Called In.

Are you happy with the call in decision?

• Yes

Votes: 62 43.7%
  • No

Votes: 80 56.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, we shall see if we have sufficient tranfer funds now. We where led to believe that the proposed stadium move was a seperate issue and it would not affect our pursuit of new players. This should be very interesting!

Well we may have got a high level of investment from interested parties if the Kirkby Project was not called in. Now that's gone. So it may have an impact on more than just pursuit of players. Moyes may sod off now. Players we were after may have been coming on the premise that we are moving to a new stadium with new investors.

I just don't see any good come out of this situation.

Are all the 1-20 posters still on here gloating, thanks for your contribution to the forum we look forward to seeing you again when we get relegated! I smell RS.

Release the hounds!

no they're not

Yes we are... if we're lucky, we can take out a £52M LOAN leveraged against the wider retail element of the development... that is the only financial benefit of the deal... Tescos are giving us... and I'll say it in caps to help it sink in... [Poor language removed] ALL

The Barcodes, Spurs and Aston Villa have all recently gone through a piecemeal redevelopment of their grounds... and St James' is a far trickier site than GP

because it's not economical to upgrade a service that is oly going to be used 25 times a year

WE WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO HOLD CONCERTS IN KIRKBY... I'm sorry but how many times?

Look, I know a lot of people are wound up about this in one way or another, but can we please make some kind of effort to get our facts straight before spouting off?

No wonder debates get heated, people are frustrated with having to say the same thing over and over again.

I knew that. All I was saying is that its not like the council are doing on the fact the stadium couldnt hold the concerts etc.

And I wasnt spouting off. If your frustrated saying the same thing, then stop saying it, leave it to someone else. I wasnt being forceful, was just responding to a post.

Well we may have got a high level of investment from interested parties if the Kirkby Project was not called in. Now that's gone.

Moyes may sod off now.

Out of interest why do you suppose those interested parties wanted to pay extra for the majoirty shareholding, for the privilege of a mid range stadium in Kirkby ?

Moyes may sod off .... but he was opposed to the Kirkby move

OK, he was opposed, he is a realist. That tells me he looked at the plan and realised it would kill us long term. Sorry but I won't be reading any link from the official site about this, I have an aversion to outright lies.

Then good luck to him. No manager is bigger than the club.

Moving to Kirkby was doomed from the beginning. Respect to Kenwright though, he tried his hardest.

To be quite honest, i'm glad it's all over. Once they meet up ( Tesco, Kenwright ) and realise it's not going to happen, we can start moving forward again.

Last edited:
Why would DM leave because of this?
We where asured that there was a seperate budget for the Kirkby project than day to day running costs.ie transfers,wages etc.So this setback shouldn`t effect team issues that is if we have`nt been lied to.

I just cannot see Moyes leaving after this. I will be in shock if it happened and saddened but it just wont happen. We were told the stadium move would not interfere with any money available for transfers, so if the club comes out and say it has made a dent in the transfer funds, then we know they were lying to us all this time.

Some of the responses are just ridiculous. Nothing like the Leeds situation, where their chairman took out over a hundred million pound in loans that the club were unable to pay off.

People being called RS just because they're happy we're not moving. Deary me.

You don't know what you got until it's gone. You can call it sentimental tripe and bad business sense but why is there no different value in being one of those clubs who doesn't play in the Reebok/Emirates/Tesco stadium just to get a few extra quid? Yeah money plays a gigantic role in football now, but that's not why I love football. I don't love Everton because of where we are in the league, and I won't love Everton more if they finish 4th, 3rd or 2nd. I love the club because it's special, because we HAVE tradition. Because we were the first club to do this and the first club to do that. Because we play at a ground which was the first to do this and the first to do that. These are the things that Chelsea et al. can never buy and take away from us. Why do we want to throw away what's special about the club just for a bit of extra pocket money?

GhostofDixie said a few pages back that it's wrong to want to stay because you'll have to face taunts from Liverpool fans. Personally I disagree, part of the fun has always been the banter between the two clubs, and this kind of thing would just make us a laughing stock to them - would make it very hard for me to be able to argue with my Red mates xD.

Why would DM leave because of this?
We where asured that there was a seperate budget for the Kirkby project than day to day running costs.ie transfers,wages etc.So this setback shouldn`t effect team issues that is if we have`nt been lied to.

Yeh transfer budget this summer, but no new ground on the horizon, the transfer budget will dwindle

Why would the budget dwindle ? We're not exactly the biggest spenders every year anyway.

Under Moyes, anyone know the most we have spent in one season ?

I just think it is all being blown out of proportion. We still need players in so nothing new has changed and Moyes is yet to sign his contract. We knew that this morning. We just need to look for another site, preferably within the city boundaries and move on. Once the dust settles, i think calm will be restored.

I just think it is all being blown out of proportion. We still need players in so nothing new has changed and Moyes is yet to sign his contract. We knew that this morning. We just need to look for another site, preferably within the city boundaries and move on.

And this new site? Where is it, who is paying for it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back