Kirkby Called In.

Are you happy with the call in decision?

• Yes

Votes: 62 43.7%
  • No

Votes: 80 56.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its about investment mate. I don't care what people tell me about Kirkby not connected to transfers. I don't care what my source tells me about Kirkby and transfers not being related. Fact is, we needed to move to get investment. We are not an attractive option. So no investment is not what Moyes wants. He has already said we need money to compete, we need to buy the best players we can to compete.

Problem with your post above Ghost isn't that investment isn't important.

I 100% agree with you that it is.

The issue is that people seem to know the mind of one David Moyes.

Have we gone as far as he can take us? My opinion is that we haven't. Moyes doesn't strike me as a quitter and I don't think we're anywhere near being in the position where he'd actually entertain leaving us. I don't know the mind of Moyes anymore than the rest of us.

We need to give him a bit more credit where managing Everton is concerned in spite of all of the obstacles he faces.

I just don't see him quitting us and leaving the club in a lurch. I really don't.

blanket response to all kippers...

i'm not bothered about post count reflecting authorative opinion. (steevie- i think you are referring to my points, my post count is nearer 2,500.)

my point is that it is easy to see all the kipper exiles due to the low post count...

and furthermore they are the 'delighted high fiving posters' at the news of destination kirkby being called in.

there are many kippers like you at.. erm.. kipper who are delighting at this news. feel free to join in their party.

No but he wasnt the top young manager in PL was he! With this decison today we have hit a glass ceiling in terms of what the current administration can offer him in terms of progress, and any real future investment.

Call me crazy but, lack of progress, medocracay and the ability to make the next step are not attributes i consider are in Moyes's make up, because thats essentialy what this decison means to the club. I like to think of myself as an optiomist but cant help but see anything other then bleakness after this decison and if it is the end of the new stadium.

I dont think hel dramticly walk out the door dramitly tomorrow, i dont even think he wont sign his new contract, but i do know Newcastle and Spurs just became a hell of a lot more attractive when they come knocking on the door. I can see the press conference "i felt i acheived evrything i could at Everton".

what those 2 clubs who, rather than move, redeveloped their land locked stadia bit by bit, you know you may have a point...:unsure:

All this decision has done in the short term is mean that we don't have to pull £78M+ out of a hat over the next couple of years.

I'm sorry Nick, but I don't care what Rossy's been feeding you since you kissed and made up, I don't think the Tescodome would have had investors queueing round the block bearing in mind all of the restrictions to revenue generating activities involved.

EDIT: Just one more point, on Moyes while we're all about it. He's probably the highest profile employee of this Club, it would be reasonable to expect that there would be some degree of pressure on him from inside the Club to be praising this move from the roftops... particularly bearing in mind his standing among the fanbase, yet he's been ambiguous and apparently ambivalent at best... I don't think this decision would necessarily see him running to the exits.

Last edited:

id watch everton anywhere but never trussted wynass and the kirby project did he see this coming? did he jump ship?was he pushed?

Problem with your post above Ghost isn't that investment isn't important.

I 100% agree with you that it is.

The issue is that people seem to know the mind of one David Moyes.

Have we gone as far as he can take us? My opinion is that we haven't. Moyes doesn't strike me as a quitter and I don't think we're anywhere near being in the position where he'd actually entertain leaving us. I don't know the mind of Moyes anymore than the rest of us.

We need to give him a bit more credit where managing Everton is concerned in spite of all of the obstacles he faces.

I just don't see him quitting us and leaving the club in a lurch. I really don't.

fair enough. But he does talk about that next step often enough, its the cornerstone of his new 5 year plan.

blanket response to all kippers...

i'm not bothered about post count reflecting authorative opinion. (steevie- i think you are referring to my points, my post count is nearer 2,500.)

my point is that it is easy to see all the kipper exiles due to the low post count...

and furthermore they are the 'delighted high fiving posters' at the news of destination kirkby being called in.

there are many kippers like you at.. erm.. kipper who are delighting at this news. feel free to join in their party.

I am not a kipper, i had a dabble on it like you probably did, but i do not like that particular forum. Furthermore, i am not against any move away from Goodison, but it has to be within the city boundaries. I could not stand the teasing comments from the RS that we did not play in the City of Liverpool.

fair enough. But he does talk about that next step often enough, its the cornerstone of his new 5 year plan.

That's true also.

I think if anything, he's frustrated.

Frustrated enough to leave? I don't think so.

I'm not saying it couldn't get to that point because it could. I'm saying I don't think we're near that point right now.

I am not a kipper, i had a dabble on it like you probably did, but i do not like that particular forum. Furthermore, i am not against any move away from Goodison, but it has to be within the city boundaries. I could not stand the teasing comments from the RS that we did not play in the City of Liverpool.

well steevie, i don't know why you responded to my original mail anyway as i was referring to 100 or less posters and you seem to have 400 odd. (y)

That's true also.

I think if anything, he's frustrated.

Frustrated enough to leave? I don't think so.

I'm not saying it couldn't get to that point because it could. I'm saying I don't think we're near that point right now.

Well he's also frustrating to others too. Read into that what you will. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back