Kirkby Called In.

Are you happy with the call in decision?

• Yes

Votes: 62 43.7%
  • No

Votes: 80 56.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's face a fact, even if we had found a new investor by going to Kirkby, it wasn't going to be a new Roman. We're a medium sized club and will attract a medium sized investor. Why people believe that every multi-billionaire was keenly watching out for us to move to Kirkby so he could pounce on the club is beyond me. Kirkby was a quick fix to a problem that is far deeper than than the club admitted. It's simply time to move on and start to look at alternative options, all of which, I hope, are options situated within the city limits.

Let's face a fact, even if we had found a new investor by going to Kirkby, it wasn't going to be a new Roman. We're a medium sized club and will attract a medium sized investor. Why people believe that every multi-billionaire was keenly watching out for us to move to Kirkby so he could pounce on the club is beyond me. Kirkby was a quick fix to a problem that is far deeper than than the club admitted. It's simply time to move on and start to look at alternative options, all of which, I hope, are options situated within the city limits.

100% in agreement mate, sorry to those who craved for this Kirkby move but it is time to move forward. We are Everton, we have had are backs against the wall for years, but most important of all, we still bounce back and remain a solid unit by showing great strength and a determination to carry on the fight.

woah there pal.

Medium sized club?

Dear oh dear.

were chelsea a big club before abramovic??????

are man city bigger than us with there new owner

Well said too many people believe that Kirkby was paved with gold it wasn't it may have given us temporary relief but all the under current problems remain and as you say what multi millionaire is going to be interested in a small town team which we make no mistakewe would been classed as,the only way to attract a to quality buyer is for the team to maintain its progress which in our financial state will not be easy,we need a united fanbase and a committed board of directors to start with

Well said too many people believe that Kirkby was paved with gold it wasn't it may have given us temporary relief but all the under current problems remain and as you say what multi millionaire is going to be interested in a small town team which we make no mistakewe would been classed as,the only way to attract a to quality buyer is for the team to maintain its progress which in our financial state will not be easy,we need a united fanbase and a committed board of directors to start with

It was and still is the better option.

I wonder if the move is really tied in with the transfer funds, and the Moyes contract.

Simple question for all the anti-movers. If this was the case and because of the call in we - couldnt sign any top players - dont get any investment - Moyes leaves after seeing the club is not progressing. Would you change your stance? Or would you feel guilty about robbing the club and the rest of the fans of a future?

Hindsight can be a terrible thing, but time will tell if its really all weve got to look forward to.

surely kirby would have made us a more attractive proposition rather than a club in dire need of a 500 million stadium

It was and still is the better option.
Nick I dont think either of us is likely to change our minds over this so how about agreeing to disagree I know you think you are right just as much as I'm convinced I am and I assume like a lot you are gutted believe me I get no pleasure in fellow blues being gutted but I know a few kopites that are just as gutted and for them I'm chuffed(y)

I wonder if the move is really tied in with the transfer funds, and the Moyes contract.

Simple question for all the anti-movers. If this was the case and because of the call in we - couldnt sign any top players - dont get any investment - Moyes leaves after seeing the club is not progressing. Would you change your stance? Or would you feel guilty about robbing the club and the rest of the fans of a future?

Hindsight can be a terrible thing, but time will tell if its really all weve got to look forward to.

This now is becoming ridiculous that anti-movers should feel guilty of this Kirkby move falling through. For the record again, i am not against a move but it has to be within the city boundaries and furthermore, i did not take place in any vote that determined if we moved to L34 or remained in L4. Had i voted against however, i still would not have felt any guilt because the voting had nothing to do with this call-in.

were chelsea a big club before abramovic??????

are man city bigger than us with there new owner

No.
No.

The first was bought because of a fashionable central London address.
The second was bought by a former brutal dictator who will not take it into the top 4.

Well I have just been informed that it is not. We still have the money to spend. God knows why Moyes ain't spending it, he's had it all summer.

Kirkby was a short term solution for the majority shareholders, and long term disaster for the club. Most anti movers were probably in favour of the Kings dock move. Wonder how guilty Kenwright felt about that.

woah there pal.

Medium sized club?

Dear oh dear.

Get used to it, Ghost. We, along with Newcastle, Villa, Spurs and City are medium sized clubs by today's standards.

Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea are the big clubs.

The rest of the prem are the smaller clubs.

Things might change, but until then that is how it stands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back