Kirkby Called In.

Are you happy with the call in decision?

• Yes

Votes: 62 43.7%
  • No

Votes: 80 56.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good man Sharpy, I take one look at our history, now and again look up at my "And on The Eighth Day He Created Everton" picture and take in just how many goals Dixie scored, and then I think yes we are a big club, and always will be.

If those people don't think we are a big club, then Anfield is over there, and Old Trafford is over there.

Ghost, I can see a touch of the theatrical with you tonight. You and Bill really would get along (JOKE!) (y)

We were one of the biggest clubs in the world. Attendance and transfer records proves this, along with the silverware.

To suggest we are up there with the top 4 at the moment is however, delusional. Not any more I'm afraid, we either need a billionaire to invest 100m in players in one season or we need to move stadium. Neither now looks likely.

Good man Sharpy, I take one look at our history, now and again look up at my "And on The Eighth Day He Created Everton" picture and take in just how many goals Dixie scored, and then I think yes we are a big club, and always will be.

If those people don't think we are a big club, then Anfield is over there, and Old Trafford is over there.
Nick we are a club with a great History and Tradition but sadly at this moment in time we are not one of the big boys.its a sad fact no team will ever be bigger or better to me but in the context of the premier we are in the second tier we are trying to get into the top 4 when we are trying to win the premiership we will be a big club again

Ok answer me this one question.

If David Moyes come out now and said,

"I will not be looking to strengthen the team because we are deluded in thinking that we can compete with the top 4, we will make do and settle for mid-table as that is all we are good for"

There would be uproar.

"I will not be looking to strengthen the team because we are deluded in thinking that we can compete with the top 4, we will make do and settle for mid-table as that is all we are good for"

There would be uproar.

Ghost, you're quite clearly not stupid so why are you insisting on twisting my words? I said that at this point, we're not an elite club. I didn't say that we cannot work towards that status.

There would be uproar.

Competing with the top 4 right now is not Everton's target. Closing the gap each year little by little is. Unless a sugar daddy comes in, Moyes will just have to work wonders again this year, and every other year until he gets serious backing.

Mid range had nothing to do with how good the stadium looked.

Mid range was in terms of capacity.

Really, so a 55000 capacity stadium is classed as mid range. It had nothing to do with the [Poor language removed] quality of the fit out or exterior renderings, not to mention the terrible design ( imo )

I think we are a massive club, which why i am so hurt about todays decison, gutted doesnt do how i feel justice, feel like someone pulled the ladder out form under us then kincked us in the nads!

Incidently i think Notts Forest are a bigger club the Chelsea, Leeds to for that matter!

Really, so a 55000 capacity stadium is classed as mid range. It had nothing to do with the [Poor language removed] quality of the fit out or exterior renderings, not to mention the terrible design ( imo )

No, it was the size of the capacity. Nothing to do with the stadium outlook or anything like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back