Kirkby Called In.

Are you happy with the call in decision?

• Yes

Votes: 62 43.7%
  • No

Votes: 80 56.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
is this really GOT? home of the optimistic evertonians? it seems all those who were recently accusing others of being negative have suddenly caught the bug. this mainly seems to manifest itself in flights of doom-laden fancy as to the consequences of the announcement today, resulting in a lot of opinion being passed off as fact.

if, as i hope, this is the beginning of the end for this stadium proposal then we will just have to wait & see what the impact will be. i'm certainly not celebrating, as i'm very concerned about where the club goes from here, & how. but i'll be glad to see the back of this deal, for the simple reason that by the club's own estimation it didn't seem likely to meet it's prime objective : boosting moyes transfer kitty. an estimated additional revenue of £10 million, after then deducting additional costs, would have given the club a very modest additional profit from which to support moyes. not sufficient return to justify the necessary debt-burden, the acrimony & the inherent risk to the club, imo.

sadly, i'm not currently a multi-billionaire but if i were & considered investing in everton, i wouldn't want to pay top dollar for the benefit of somebody elses mistakes, i'd want to make my own decisions & should there be money to be made from a new stadium & associated developments i'd want to be the one making it.

Sorry Ghost, i have to disagree with you mate, Green has been subbing Billy money for years, he has always advanced money, when asked.
As for the bank statement, he is a powerful man, but not that powerful, you will be having him setting interest rates next:D

I think what Nick was implying was the he acted as guarantor for the finance... the bank put up the cash, he would only become liable for any repayment should the club become unable to service the debt.

Sorry Ghost, i have to disagree with you mate, Green has been subbing Billy money for years, he has always advanced money, when asked.
As for the bank statement, he is a powerful man, but not that powerful, you will be having him setting interest rates next:D

and how do you know this?

Well i think we all knew deep down once wyness went it was going to be called in (for all over Ross's hopeless spin) so its not a surprise to be honest

He he. Before it was "the stadium will generate so much money we can compete with the top 4" and now it's "we won't get investment without the stadium". Of course official documents say that the current owners do not plan to sell.

Also funny how people accept [Poor language removed] like the Kirkby stadium and still insist Everton is major club. I think Everton is a major club and deserves much better than some breeze-block [Poor language removed] stadium in the outskirts. That's what clubs like Bolton and Coventry do, not Everton. And if the stadium was built, it would be Everton's home for the next 100 years.

Surely Bradley will be coming out today telling us the wonderful sites he has promised us, Trevor Skempton will be telling us how we can re-develop Gp with no money and the Hilton hotel group have stopped work on the L1 development citing they would much rather be in Walton than a thriving city like Liverpool. Time to wake up and smell the coffee boys

Surely Bradley will be coming out today telling us the wonderful sites he has promised us, Trevor Skempton will be telling us how we can re-develop Gp with no money and the Hilton hotel group have stopped work on the L1 development citing they would much rather be in Walton than a thriving city like Liverpool. Time to wake up and smell the coffee boys
Possibly, if Everton would return their calls. Bit pointless otherwise.

Why has'nt Bill Kenwright come out and told us if we still have money for transfers? Where is he when you really need him?

Why has'nt Bill Kenwright come out and told us if we still have money for transfers? Where is he when you really need him?

Hes already stated it all summer, why on earth should he come out and say it again? Its been said the DK had no barring on the transfers, so if he was to come out and say "We still got money, DK didnt affect it" it would be like him saying, "yea i know u dnt believe me, but i was telling the truth".

I guess some ppl just like to pick holes in teabags.

Hes already stated it all summer, why on earth should he come out and say it again? Its been said the DK had no barring on the transfers, so if he was to come out and say "We still got money, DK didnt affect it" it would be like him saying, "yea i know u dnt believe me, but i was telling the truth".

I guess some ppl just like to pick holes in teabags.

Agreed. Some people on here just don't listen. Its getting pretty bad recently. Chico was right, Melt City.

Quite embarrassing that a lot on here seem to be regurgitating the clubs propaganda. There was no additional money to be made in DK, more debt, but no more income.

As for all the beauts who think it was KEIOC's fault, it was the planning application that got called in by GONW not the stadium. It broke every criteria for a development for a town with a poulation the same as Goodisons capacity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back