Kirkby Called In.

Are you happy with the call in decision?

• Yes

Votes: 62 43.7%
  • No

Votes: 80 56.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom Cannon has just said ' KEIOC have just cost Everton 15 Million pounds "

What a stupid thing to say !!!!! The powers that be at Everton FC are the only ones to blame for this. Going along with a scheme which they knew broke every planning rule in the book and just hope it got passed because of pressure from Tesco and KMBC is just ridiculous and incompetent, in what was a back scratching deal from the start. The fans held NO sway in this decision whatsoever and all that KEIOC did was to bring to light the lies put out by the club, and to challenge them. Asking questions is not a crime. If the club had come clean right from the very start, I doult any of us would be involved in this long drawn out debate. Maybe now we will find out what plan B really was. There surely must be one ?

what those 2 clubs who, rather than move, redeveloped their land locked stadia bit by bit, you know you may have a point...:unsure:

All this decision has done in the short term is mean that we don't have to pull £78M+ out of a hat over the next couple of years.

I'm sorry Nick, but I don't care what Rossy's been feeding you since you kissed and made up, I don't think the Tescodome would have had investors queueing round the block bearing in mind all of the restrictions to revenue generating activities involved.

EDIT: Just one more point, on Moyes while we're all about it. He's probably the highest profile employee of this Club, it would be reasonable to expect that there would be some degree of pressure on him from inside the Club to be praising this move from the roftops... particularly bearing in mind his standing among the fanbase, yet he's been ambiguous and apparently ambivalent at best... I don't think this decision would necessarily see him running to the exits.

Seems like an inexpensive buissness, sounds good!

Im glad Spurs arent planning to move to a bigger stadium "to accomadte progress"!

And

Like Newcastle im glad we have rich owners to fund a recevelopment!

Im Calmer!

What a stupid thing to say !!!!! The powers that be at Everton FC are the only ones to blame for this. Going along with a scheme which they knew broke every planning rule in the book and just hope it got passed because of pressure from Tesco and KMBC is just ridiculous and incompetent, in what was a back scratching deal from the start. The fans held NO sway in this decision whatsoever and all that KEIOC did was to bring to light the lies put out by the club, and to challenge them. Asking questions is not a crime. If the club had come clean right from the very start, I doult any of us would be involved in this long drawn out debate. Maybe now we will find out what plan B really was. There surely must be one ?

How do you work that out? The club found a site, found a partner, got planning permission only to be scuppered by idiots

What a fantastic decision.

I'm sorry, but you have more than 10 posts. Could you please repost that this is a kick in the teeth for investment prospects (apparently Kirkby is highly sought after by billionaires) and that Moyes will now leave as a consequence (even though he was personally opposed to the move).

Cheers b)

new stadium

Bang goes any chance of our beloved club having any chance of sizeable investment,the club cannot move forward when its affairs are dictated by a gang of local publicans.
Championship withi 2 years i reckon.

If he really understood what you understand he understood, he would not have made his opposition informally known, given he's a realist.

Why were investors apparently willing to pay extra to BK if he could have bluffed Kirkby through ? (much more interesting)

How do you work that out? The club found a site, found a partner, got planning permission only to be scuppered by idiots

No, was given planning permission by idiots. Idiots who spent hundreds of thousands of tax payer pounds on a scheme that they, above anybody knew was more than likely to be called in for public inquiry.

Our powers that be were stupid enough to enter into an exclusivity agreement, let themselves be led along for TWO YEARS and be shafted by Tesco Terry et al......

Based on this horrendous stadium idea being called in?

Yeah you're not allowed to have an opinion if it goes against FISCAL SENSE!!!

Not allowed to have an opinion on your football club if it goes against economics! Don't you know the rules?! You have over 100 posts so surely you're privy to the sectarian ruleset that is apparent here.

well steevie, i don't know why you responded to my original mail anyway as i was referring to 100 or less posters and you seem to have 400 odd. (y)

Well, always admitted I was a Kipper didn't I? Started out there maybe five years ago and always stayed loyal. 'However, since discovering 'GOT' (and the Kipper meltdown)a while ago I became a less frequent poster on there (never was prolific in the first place). Now I see this forum as my 'new home'.

Never wanted to offend anyone with my opinion and maybe I'm dead wrong with my stance on Kirkby, but as said I've had the awful experience regarding stadium move with my home town club. In the end, we all want the best for our club, don't we?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back