Kirkby Move - Yes or No?

Yes or No to the move to Kirkby?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
the cold hard truth.

i dont like it anymore that anyone else.

i dont like being mismanaged, the wasted opportunities, the wastrel players, the arse hole managers, the media and the vulturesque pundits.

BUT

we arent allowed to further let the problems of the past continue to affect our future.

time to move forward, any move forward will do, we have fallen backwards for too long and too far.
cold hard truth?
posting an opinion on the internet doesn't make it a fact.

well i see a new stadium, no obstructed views, proper toilets, and the chance of a beer and a pie at halftime.

if it also means more money for moyes, then thats super duper by me.

'of course' - there is far more to the situation that honest motives. to believe otherwise is naive. its all horse trading, and you say kirkby isnt a priority, with the right sweetners someone might just.

I agree.

if the product AND the experience are good enough, and reasonably priced enough then the supporters will come.

Again, I agree but unfortunately due to the transport that the club has to put on because of the poor transport links, ticket prices are not likely to be low as tickets will include the cost of the transport.

so its alright to castigate bill for being around when agent johnson was trying to sink us, but calling to book the [Poor language removed] on the council now that were peripheral back then isnt fair?

its that dirty filthy smell of hypocrisy again.

What have I said that is hypocritical?

goodison isnt city centre, all the CPO's in the world wont pull springsteen that far away, how many extra houses need buying so as to fit a hotel, and retail park on it?

well, surely the point is how much cash the emirates brings in through none footballing means. you mentioned springsteen. how many major concerts are there on tour in britain right now?

Pie in the Sky. Dreamland

We may be getting our wires across, I have been speaking of Scotland Road and Goodison Park. Six years ago you would be saying Kings Dock is dreamland, it was almost a reality but someone at the club didn't want to lose their control.

i never heard the kenright to kirkby 6 years ago.

any evidence?

I can't find a link for you but PJ was looking to build on Kirkby golf course, and Kenwright was in a campaign group called 'Goodison for Everton'. It was in December 1999

what has aberdeen got to do with everton? or are you just slinging mud and making outlandish statements about a persons CV?

I was not slinging mud as such, I was pointing out that Wyness will want to improve his cv and comparing his tenure at Everton to Aberdeen both of which looked for a new stadium under his leadership.

telling lies and hiding all the facts are two completely different things.

lets hear what your sources are with regards contrary facts or misleading statements that have been aired.

ask me and I will try to find where my information came from. I have no inside knowledge, I just do a lot of research :)

are you a major KEIOC member or keioc forum member/activist?

I'm a KEIOC supporter, I'm not part of any campaign or committee and yes I am registered on their forum but I rarely post.

All those against the move, its just tough [Poor language removed]! If it happens that we do move to kirkby, then it'll happen. get get on with it.

Are Keioc gonna stop going to the game........NO
Are Keioc ever gonna be happy....................NO
Are Keioc all Evertonians? .........Well maybe not!

Keioc, are in my mind, some how involved in the pubs and local trade around Goodison, and only thinkin of themselves. Pathetic really, if this is the case.
But everybody has an opinion on this issuse, right or wrong.

Me? I dont wanna move. And am from Kirkby! Stop the moaning. Get on with it. In an ideal world, we would have moved to Stanley park. But for LIVERPOOL council deciding otherwise!!!! Anyway.......... COYB:mellow:

'of course' - there is far more to the situation that honest motives. to believe otherwise is naive. its all horse trading, and you say kirkby isnt a priority, with the right sweetners someone might just.

I agree.

if the product AND the experience are good enough, and reasonably priced enough then the supporters will come.

Again, I agree but unfortunately due to the transport that the club has to put on because of the poor transport links, ticket prices are not likely to be low as tickets will include the cost of the transport.

isnt the train station being expanded/doubled? im unsure on the tram scheme but the current packed buses are hardly brilliant anyway.

kirkby is connected to lime street? what is it connected to in the other direction?

so its alright to castigate bill for being around when agent johnson was trying to sink us, but calling to book the [Poor language removed] on the council now that were peripheral back then isnt fair?

its that dirty filthy smell of hypocrisy again.

What have I said that is hypocritical?

hang on...

goodison isnt city centre, all the CPO's in the world wont pull springsteen that far away, how many extra houses need buying so as to fit a hotel, and retail park on it?

well, surely the point is how much cash the emirates brings in through none footballing means. you mentioned springsteen. how many major concerts are there on tour in britain right now?

Pie in the Sky. Dreamland

We may be getting our wires across, I have been speaking of Scotland Road and Goodison Park. Six years ago you would be saying Kings Dock is dreamland, it was almost a reality but someone at the club didn't want to lose their control.

control? train set... see above. zero evidence again. tut tut.

i never heard the kenright to kirkby 6 years ago.

any evidence?

I can't find a link for you but PJ was looking to build on Kirkby golf course, and Kenwright was in a campaign group called 'Goodison for Everton'. It was in December 1999

i heard about goodison for ever ton, but kirkby golfcourse? can we still build there now and is it any closer to the boundary?

what has aberdeen got to do with everton? or are you just slinging mud and making outlandish statements about a persons CV?

I was not slinging mud as such, I was pointing out that Wyness will want to improve his cv and comparing his tenure at Everton to Aberdeen both of which looked for a new stadium under his leadership.

wyness improving his cv? how dare he, lets get someone in to be ceo that isnt concerned with results making him or herself look good. we want a pleb in charge that will take the club to rack and ruin..... hang on... doesnt peter johnson know someone?

telling lies and hiding all the facts are two completely different things.

lets hear what your sources are with regards contrary facts or misleading statements that have been aired.

ask me and I will try to find where my information came from. I have no inside knowledge, I just do a lot of research :)

research sounds to me like reading in troughs that might be tainted. keioc you say? oh, hang on thats next.

how much does the plane cost?

are you a major KEIOC member or keioc forum member/activist?

I'm a KEIOC supporter, I'm not part of any campaign or committee and yes I am registered on their forum but I rarely post.

rarely isnt never. but a supporter of keioc, how much have you contributed to the ever so worthwhile plane and banner?

still no hard facts. did you get a vote in the summer?

All those against the move, its just tough [Poor language removed]! If it happens that we do move to kirkby, then it'll happen. get get on with it.

Are Keioc gonna stop going to the game........NO
Are Keioc ever gonna be happy....................NO
Are Keioc all Evertonians? .........Well maybe not!

Keioc, are in my mind, some how involved in the pubs and local trade around Goodison, and only thinkin of themselves. Pathetic really, if this is the case.
But everybody has an opinion on this issuse, right or wrong.

Me? I dont wanna move. And am from Kirkby! Stop the moaning. Get on with it. In an ideal world, we would have moved to Stanley park. But for LIVERPOOL council deciding otherwise!!!! Anyway.......... COYB:mellow:

Can you name the members of KEIOC and give examples of their involvement in the local businesses around Goodison?

I spoke to a woman who owns a chippy on Goodison Road the other week, she's not a part of KEIOC by the way, who says she will believe Everton are moving on the day Goodison is knocked down. Her words were along the lines of "Everton have been moving out of Goodison for 25 years - I'll believe it when I see it"

Still, whenever you can give the names and examples of their involvement, that will be sound. Cheers.

"isnt the train station being expanded/doubled?"

No.

Maybe if you went and read the planning application you'd see what was planned, rather than just guessing.

The train station may have a new service from Kirkby to Wigan and lines may be electrified between Wigan and Kirkby as part of a Merseyside Local Transport Plan. There are possible plans to introduce a new station in Northwood. It's not possible to have any more than four six carriage trains an hour travelling towards the city centre because of scheduling issues.

If you remember Paul Gregg offered what he called a 'reverse mortgage' so that Everton could play at Kings Dock, Bill Kenwright didn't like the idea and hinted that PG had something else in mind, he publically asked why Paul Gregg couldn't underwrite a business loan.

What I said was it isn't fair to tar the council of yesteryear with the same brush as the council of today. They have different motives and agenda, by all means criticise the council if it helps you sleep at night. Kirkby golf course was touted in December 1996 by Peter Johnson and a vote took place during a game option 1 was to redevelop Goodison, option 2 was to move to Kirkby Golf Course. Yes, the golf course is closer to Liverpool than the current plan but that's not the issue I have with the current plans.

I told you I'm not part of KEIOC so I wouldn't know anything about the costs of hiring a plane. I was not eligible for a vote.

Back on topic... Scotland Road would be better served for transport than Kirkby as it has several train stations on three different lines, possibly four in the near future, two bus stations, a coach station and is within walking distance to Goodison Park (the stadium with the highest number of walk up fans in the country). As it's not far from Goodison there is nothing stopping a lot of people from parking where they already park.

Also on the Goodison Park front, if the club stay there, there could be plans afoot to reopen a train station on County road direct to town especially when you consider our rivals across the park will be getting one on the same track.

Lou you do realise there is already a service between Kirkby and Wigan/Manchester?

40,000 people get into a cramped Goodison remember - the site in Kirkby is a lot more open - with a better train station, motorway access and wont be completely surrounded by housing.

Danny, I'll admit it when I'm wrong, I thought that the service to Wigan was new, I thought there were two services one from Lime Street to Kirkby and Kirkby to Manchester Victoria. I apoligise! :)

According to the MET Police Goodison Park has the highest dispersion rate of any staidum in the premier league. So I don't understand your view there. I saw a document that shows where season ticket holders are based and the vast majority were coming from Liverpool, West Wirral and North Wales. Liverpool based people will arrive by one of two roads. Wirral, the same. North Wales based fans may benefit as there is no need to travel through the Mersey tunnels anymore, but saying that they would have to go across the Runcorn bridge.

Have a look at this map:

http://img167.imageshack.us/my.php?image=parkingrestrictionsey9.png

Where will the people travelling from Liverpool, North Wales and Wirral be able to park if they choose to drive? We've established that there will be a £10million grant to improve the transport around Kirkby. The train station and park and ride schemes are not adequate for Liverpool based fans alone, how will the Wirral and Welsh fans get there comfortably?

40,000 people get into a cramped Goodison remember - the site in Kirkby is a lot more open - with a better train station, motorway access and wont be completely surrounded by housing.

Yes but but but don't you know? It will be easier to get to the moon than get to Kirkby.

The reality is that anywhere within the city or on the outskirts will be just as easy or hard to get to give or take a few percentage points between the various sites. What some on the 'no' side tend to forget is the council and government planners will be delighted there's only 1,000 car parking spaces on site and that extensive park and ride/walk will be introduced, its so much greener than the old way and is actively encouraged now by planning law. Interesting news that Peter Kilfoyle MP for Walton has now been whinging that LFC's revised plans for their new stadium has no car parking spaces on site, their recently ditched plans had less than 1,000 underground car parking spaces which they've now dropped due to cost, so actually they've got a bigger problem than us, does anyone seriously believe their stadium will be dropped because of this? Of course not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back