Kit for 24/25

View attachment 265030View attachment 265031Absolutely disgraceful from Everton and Castore - the kids up to age 8 have to settle for a kit with a STICKER for a badge on both the shirt and shorts, the shorts don’t even have strings to tighten to fit kids waists, and the socks don’t have the EFC on - just a Castore logo. Simply refuse to buy such poor quality.

I buy my kids the kits every year with name and numbering because I believe in putting ££ in to the club - for the first time ever I’ve walked away from it today and I’ll buy a better quality version with proper embroidered badge for a quarter of the price elsewhere.

Do they really expect kids to go to footy training with their mates wearing these? They’ll be laughed at. Amateur hour.
If kids get laughed at for wearing an Everton kit its not going to be because the badge isn't sewn on.

View attachment 265030View attachment 265031Absolutely disgraceful from Everton and Castore - the kids up to age 8 have to settle for a kit with a STICKER for a badge on both the shirt and shorts, the shorts don’t even have strings to tighten to fit kids waists, and the socks don’t have the EFC on - just a Castore logo. Simply refuse to buy such poor quality.

I buy my kids the kits every year with name and numbering because I believe in putting ££ in to the club - for the first time ever I’ve walked away from it today and I’ll buy a better quality version with proper embroidered badge for a quarter of the price elsewhere.

Do they really expect kids to go to footy training with their mates wearing these? They’ll be laughed at. Amateur hour.

This is what most clubs are going down the route of. Even the RS are complaining about the kids kits threading after a wash.

Fast fashion and cheap manufacturing but with massive margins in a billion pound industry.

Think Hummel had a stick on badges for their first kit for us and with the backlash changed the following season.

Needs to be addressed. But sadly it's how it's going.

And why the DHGate ones are identical.

Get a fake one? Absolutely if the paying parent doesn’t want to fork for the official one.

Do I think they’re too expensive? Yes of course.
Do I think there is a choice? 100%.

I wait until they go on sale for my kids, almost have to fight him to put it on 😖🤣

Not really when they’re football mad.

Your kid doesn’t like football mate maybe get him something else.

Do they actually crack and start coming off in bits if washed delicately? Don’t wish to start a clothes washing tactics thread, but most decent Nike, Adidas, Under Armour youth stuff is wash at 30degrees now. All my rip off golf gear is all wash at 30.

Obviously I think the badge should be “proper” on every single official kit. It looks better and is what makes it a Everton kit. No excuses. But the sponsor logo (I know not on kids stuff) isn’t lasting long anyway if washed at 60 with your sodden undies.

Do they actually crack and start coming off in bits if washed delicately? Don’t wish to start a clothes washing tactics thread, but most decent Nike, Adidas, Under Armour youth stuff is wash at 30degrees now. All my rip off golf gear is all wash at 30.

Obviously I think the badge should be “proper” on every single official kit. It looks better and is what makes it a Everton kit. No excuses. But the sponsor logo (I know not on kids stuff) isn’t lasting long anyway if washed at 60 with your sodden undies.

Shouldn’t force something on your child if they don’t like it. And don’t wash at 60 ffs, that’s for anyone working in healthcare needs not a football top.

I've got stuff that's 20+ years old and been through industrial water canons and heat blasts that are still in good nick. Been parading my home Umbro England top from 1999 during the Euros that's still is boss condition for example.

The fact newer stuff has to be washed a certain way under a temperature just to stay "intact" for 3 times the price is where it's gone wrong.

Looks like this after the first downpour of rain.

CA.webp

I've had loads of Everton clobber over the years across different manufacturers and I've never had an issue with vinyls/decals/fabric coming off them.

The simple fact of the matter is that people don't take care of them properly. Cold, gentle wash & air dry - that's all you need to do. They last forever if you do that.

I've had loads of Everton clobber over the years across different manufacturers and I've never had an issue with vinyls/decals/fabric coming off them.

The simple fact of the matter is that people don't take care of them properly. Cold, gentle wash & air dry - that's all you need to do. They last forever if you do that.
The only ones that have not stood up well in my experience have been the ones my youngest has actually gone seriously gung-ho in at actual footie training.

The general wearing day to day ones have been ok.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back