Kit for 24/25

I'm old enough to recall when kits had nothing on them. So a Royal Blue top with a white collar and I was already drooling, that said, as I have got older I seem to support anything with the crest emblazoned on it. The Women's team, the youngsters, and all manner of different coloured tops supporting good causes. So long as the badge is visible it has my support, except, for this 'crayon' logo, it doesn't do anything for me, I know what it represents, but it doesn't evoke anything in me quite like the badge. We aren't like Wolves, for example, you see that badge and you know it is Wolves, Leicester used to be a Fox's head, WHU the crossed Iron Hammers, etc, etc. We are the 'toffees' so perhaps the 'crayon' should be replaced with a 'toffee,' One of 'our' Twitter account friends uses a 'Toffee' as their logo, and I recognised it instantly.

*Disclaimer: I never liked the name 'toffees' growing up, I always thought of the saying, 'soft lad' when anyone used it, and was envious of; The Blades, Owls, Gunners, Magpies, Red Devils et al. Anyway, diversity is what makes life interesting, or so they tell me when they are trying to get me to take my meds!!

They do when you have the word 'Everton' in the badge.

Hence why the club updated the crest and how all three choices had it.

View attachment 266808
Shame this one was never an option as I really like it

IMG_1012.webp

I seem to remember a few years back when the club first introduced this 'Tower' brand that they said it'd never replace the traditional Everton badge.

I like the away top and feel the "block" pattern really represents the clubs' values and vision for the future. Well done Castore for capturing the true essence of Everton.

The keeper's top is nice but doesn't really look like a keeper's top, it has more of a casual t-shirt look about it.

GKA.webp

Really, all this time and thats the best you could come up with - shame!
I'll probably get it at end of season prices though, will go cheapply once the commemorative exploitation of Goodison kicks off in earnest.
This season the discounted prices at the end of the season will seem like the full price of gear that we were paying up to last season.

If you look at Premier League badge changes the last 10 years - you'll see one common denominator.

There's a reason why so many teams have updated their logo to include their clubs name within the main body. For the reasons I shared that Everton specified.

It's really basic stuff - brands/companies the world over all have brand guidelines and central to those are how you treat their logo/crest. Some side/training fear to appease hipsters as an alternative niche version. Sound. But to me its silly to bastardise the logo on playing kits.

View attachment 266810

17 of 20 teams is that?

... I couldnt care what the kit looks like. I'd never buy, or wear it outside.

But the club not using the crest in it's entirety on playing kit is a mistake, IMO.
I understand your general point, but it's worth pointing out that those are the official club crests as opposed to the badges on the shirts - which can be different.

Liverpool and Spurs (maybe others? I can't remember) use simplified versions on their shirts.

Screenshot 2024-07-30 at 12.37.48.png
Screenshot 2024-07-30 at 12.37.29.png

Personally, I'd much prefer we had a simpler badge than the one we have.

The abstract tower is too far for our main shirt, but I'd love a modernised version of the 80s badge.

Everton-1983.jpg

I understand your general point, but it's worth pointing out that those are the official club crests as opposed to the badges on the shirts - which can be different.

Liverpool and Spurs (maybe others? I can't remember) use simplified versions on their shirts.

View attachment 266846 View attachment 266847

Personally, I'd much prefer we had a simpler badge than the one we have.

The abstract tower is too far for our main shirt, but I'd love a modernised version of the 80s badge.

View attachment 266848

If I show both of them badges you've used here in Yorkshire - most people know that's Liverpool. Whether we like it or not, the Liver Bird is iconic to Liverpool and it has LFC.

People who know football will that it's Spurs.

Nobody - even people who follow football - will know this is Everton;

1722340125285.png

In fact, I reckon most peoples mums in Liverpool if they don't follow football would know that is Everton.

It's not even our proper tower.

I've bored everyone enough now - as I have in the past about that stupid minimal tower 'badge' but IMO, it's a mistake. When we get new owners, if they're competent it'll never see the light of day again.

If I show both of them badges you've used here in Yorkshire - most people know that's Liverpool. Whether we like it or not, the Liver Bird is iconic to Liverpool and it has LFC.

People who know football will that it's Spurs.

Nobody - even people who follow football - will know this is Everton;

View attachment 266851

In fact, I reckon most peoples mums in Liverpool if they don't follow football would know that is Everton.

It's not even our proper tower.

I've bored everyone enough now - as I have in the past about that stupid minimal tower 'badge' but IMO, it's a mistake. When we get new owners, if they're competent it'll never see the light of day again.
I understand your argument - and I understand why Everton made the decision they did to squeeze all that into the current badge.

But it's cluttered and I don't like it.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back