Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Koeman: "We've only spent £7m"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that the same DM who said..'Next time you come here love, you might get a smack'

and.....'I knew at Christmas I was going to United...I'd already spoken to Sir Alex'

and who coined the phrase 'a knife to a gunfight'

and who forecast at the start of the season that the team he was managing would get relegated.

Or some other DM?
I'm pretty sure that was Sean Connery in the Untouchables.

What position is he predicting? 6th or 7th?!

Ha Ha Ha Ha.

We had Moyes and Martinez who got better than that.

£7M for his account per season and £200M gross spend since he arrived...and he's offering the 7th place trophy.

Un-'kin-real.
Why do you do this Dave? Half the time it's people baiting you and half the time it's you doing tripe like this that derails threads. The anti board/Koeman rhetoric is pretty old now. We get it you don't like what's going on which is fair enough but do you actually need to come back to it all the time?

In response to your post it's a completely different league now to what it was even 2 years ago. Koeman has built a squad that has some semblance of a structure in mind which is far more than Martinez did. He's also clearly said he wants a striker, a defender and siggurdsson. Utd finished 6th last season after spending a boat load of money the season before. Spending does not guarantee success, though it does help unless you can do something like Leicester. We seem to be trying to emulate what spurs have done, getting our ducks in order off the pitch and not going barmy on wages which seems a sensible path to go down.

If we bring in the players koeman has said he wants then any failings are on him as its his squad. Don't and it's on the board. Pretty much standard practice at any footy club around the world. Let's give them a chance going into the new season eh.

What position is he predicting? 6th or 7th?!

Ha Ha Ha Ha.

We had Moyes and Martinez who got better than that.

£7M for his account per season and £200M gross spend since he arrived...and he's offering the 7th place trophy.

Un-'kin-real.

And you can't use the scenerio a few years back to compare. The current league is more competitive.

Move your goal post when you want.

Slate Moshiri - small or negative spend.

Slate Koeman - gross spend so he needs to get top 4 even the Sky6 bar Spurs outspent him.

Win-win.

I read Koeman's statement as a "spending not done yet" sort of comment. The fact it also publicly puts a little pressure on the cheque writers is no bad thing. The ball is squarely with the money changers in the boardroom, as it always has been, no matter who sits in the room labeled "manager".. They have his shopping list, he has made that clear. Now we wait.

Oh, now it's gross spend. Cool.

If we sign Sigurdsson, a CF, and a CB, then let's see. Koeman has done his job. He's indicated who he wants, it's now up to the D of F to get the targets and the Board to give him the money to do it. If we gotta sell a couple to do it, so be it.

He moves the goal post whenever he wants.

Why do you do this Dave? Half the time it's people baiting you and half the time it's you doing tripe like this that derails threads. The anti board/Koeman rhetoric is pretty old now. We get it you don't like what's going on which is fair enough but do you actually need to come back to it all the time?

In response to your post it's a completely different league now to what it was even 2 years ago. Koeman has built a squad that has some semblance of a structure in mind which is far more than Martinez did. He's also clearly said he wants a striker, a defender and siggurdsson. Utd finished 6th last season after spending a boat load of money the season before. Spending does not guarantee success, though it does help unless you can do something like Leicester. We seem to be trying to emulate what spurs have done, getting our ducks in order off the pitch and not going barmy on wages which seems a sensible path to go down.

If we bring in the players koeman has said he wants then any failings are on him as its his squad. Don't and it's on the board. Pretty much standard practice at any footy club around the world. Let's give them a chance going into the new season eh.

Just block him that's what I did, never been happier. He is just a 100% WUM and has probably a red [Poor language removed] as well.

A friend of mine, a very well known blue whom a lot of you probably know went undercover at RAWK for years and just waited and waited until something Seismic happened and only started seriously posting when Suarez was originally wanted by Barca.

"It's best we sell him now,he's finished" and other similar 5 or 6 postings daily. They were going apopleptic over there but he wasn't impolite or rude and of course he was one of them so he was looked upon as an alternative voice of alternative reason but my word they really incandescent it was so funny.

And that's where Dave got his style from.

You should all ignore him as he will soon go away.

Right off to bed, the normal four hour car journey in the morning to get to the old lady. It's a grand old trek lol. Especially when your seventy.

I read Koeman's statement as a "spending not done yet" sort of comment. The fact it also publicly puts a little pressure on the cheque writers is no bad thing. The ball is squarely with the money changers in the boardroom, as it always has been, no matter who sits in the room labeled "manager".. They have his shopping list, he has made that clear. Now we wait.
Dont think we are the only one's in this position.
Tottenham want 4 new players Chelsea another 3 even Carragher saying Liverpool have plenty on money but struggling to get players in.
The only difference is the Mega money clubs(City & Utd) have spent "whatever it takes" and Arsenal have a massive squad already.
Looks harder than ever to get deals over the line now.
Think there will be a flurry of signings before Sept 1st , not the time to push the panic button just yet.

i think a few people might argue with you on the structure comment, seeing as we have 4,342 midfielders and minus 945 decent strikers/available fullbacks.

Its just a big pile of meh seeing this run of the mill manager splurging cash and then talking about top 6 as a target. Go for it a bit more you golfing walrus. Win us a cup.

i think a few people might argue with you on the structure comment, seeing as we have 4,342 midfielders and minus 945 decent strikers/available fullbacks.

Its just a big pile of meh seeing this run of the mill manager splurging cash and then talking about top 6 as a target. Go for it a bit more you golfing walrus. Win us a cup.

You got me with "golfing walrus." Lol. Well done.

Spurs are the benchmark for me - they show what can be done with a progressive tactically astute manager and a functioning scouting network

Hopefully one day we'll have something similar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back