Last Film You Watched

One of the unique film makers of our generation….loved the Grand Budapest Hotel
'The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissouis' my favorite... Perhaps not a good time to mention it considering what happened this week! 😳

I watched 'The Wrath of Becky' this week...
MV5BZDUzMDA1ZjctZjJkNi00YmRmLTk5NzctNjMwNTEzMjAwMTE3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzQwMTY2Nzk@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

The squeal to 'Becky'... Was ok.

But this one had Stifler in it as an ultra red wing asshole... The leader of group. kind of like 'The Proud Boy.'
You know... Incels, who hate women etc...

I just couldn't buy him as a bad guy! 🤣🤣

I don't know who keeps casting the bad guys in these films. The first one had Kevin James... Aka Paul Blart as a neo-nazi!

Saw "Tin and Tina" a Spanish horror film. Decent and watchable. Some creepy scenes. Was expecting more given the casting, but it was good.

Saw "Incantation" a Taiwanese horror film in the found-footage genre. Sort of like a combination of "Blair Witch Project" and "The Ring"...decent plot and some excellent and very creepy scenes. Overall, I would say a good film, but about 20 minutes too long.

Rewatched "Barbarian" an American horror film, and liked it even more the second time. Very ridiculous premise but the fact that it's well-cast and well-scripted made the ridiculousness all the more enjoyable. Combines lots of tried-and-true scary elements: serial killers, tunnels, monsters, etc.

Barbarian has become one of my all time favourite horror films.

To cram so many influences into a film and make it work, is very hard thing to do.

Really?

So how would you rate his films? For me its:
  • The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissouis
  • Rushmore
  • The Royal Tenenbaums
  • Grand Budapest Hotel
  • The French Dispatch
  • Moonrise Kingdom
  • The Darjeeling Limited
  • Bottle Rocket
I'm excluding Fantastic Mr. Fox and Isle of Dogs...

I couldn't possibly order them all, changes daily, but I think Tenebaums or Moonrise will always be #1. I also wasn't so hot on French Dispatch so that's second bottom ahead of Zissouis

I couldn't possibly order them all, changes daily, but I think Tenebaums or Moonrise will always be #1. I also wasn't so hot on French Dispatch so that's second bottom ahead of Zissouis
I actually agree with this... Depends what type of mood I'm in! But for some reason the Life Aquatic has stuck with me all these years.

Different strokes for different folks I guess. Some people would actually call us a bunch of weirdo's for liking his films.

You know the types: Fast & the Furious, Michael Bay movies where the characters are one dimensional and there's lot's of CGI effects, and the plot is basically spoon feed to them! 🤣

The book was out last year. Focused on Val Kilmers character.
Adam Driver and Austin Butler rumoured to be in it
I take it by your profile pic that you're a big fan of Mr. Pacino? I hope they do a lot more scenes with him and De Niro in the second one...

But if they're casting Adam Driver to be in it... 🤔
I'm not a fan. He's going to get shown up by 2 great actors!
He'll have to act his heart out, and they won't even have to shift out of first gear, and they'll still out act him.

To cram so many influences into a film and make it work, is very hard thing to do.
And poor old Justin Long... Lol, that's all I'm saying! 🤣

I agree...the early scenes with the guy and girl in the AirBnB lead you to think some sort of slasher/psycho stuff, and those scenes build up a lot of tension...then it just goes off in a very different direction.

I take it by your profile pic that you're a big fan of Mr. Pacino? I hope they do a lot more scenes with him and De Niro in the second one...

But if they're casting Adam Driver to be in it... 🤔
I'm not a fan. He's going to get shown up by 2 great actors!
He'll have to act his heart out, and they won't even have to shift out of first gear, and they'll still out act him.
Might be wrong but get the feeling it'll be Adam Driver in flashbacks as Pacino's character with Butler as the younger version of Kilmers.

But yeah, Pacino and DeNiro, gotta love their work.

Might be wrong but get the feeling it'll be Adam Driver in flashbacks as Pacino's character with Butler as the younger version of Kilmers.

But yeah, Pacino and DeNiro, gotta love their work.
Ok... So kind of like 'The Godfather 2'?

With De Niro in the flashbacks playing Brando's character from the first Godfather?

And him and Pacino never acted in one scene together in the whole movie?

Seen fresh on Disney+

Holy moly I wasn't expecting such a brutal horror film to be on that platform.

It was excellent, starts out as a typical romance film for about the first 45 minutes, then takes a sudden dark.turn and doesn't look back.
Fantastic horror film in the end well worth a watch

7.5/10

Just watched this on your recommendation.

Really good film, well acted, well written and actually quite believable. Nasty nasty stuff.

Much better then The Perfection, which I thought was very far up it’s own bottom.

Proper American Pyscho vibes.

Just watched this on your recommendation.

Really good film, well acted, well written and actually quite believable. Nasty nasty stuff.

Much better then The Perfection, which I thought was very far up it’s own bottom.

Proper American Pyscho vibes.
It was pretty decent...

There's a lot of these horror/thriller films that you never hear about. You only hear about hem through word of mouth.

Some are decent... Some are messed up! Like 'Chained'.

MV5BOGY2NTZkMjYtY2I1Ni00MTU2LTgxMTYtYTVkMjc1Yzk5NWI4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_.jpg

All I can say is... When you discover what caused him to become a psychopath, with his dad and his mom when he was a boy...

If you haven't seen it, give it a bash...

Just watched Mystic River. Fuming at the ending
Sean Penn... Won the Oscar for it that year, I think.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back