Last Film You Watched

It was pretty decent...

There's a lot of these horror/thriller films that you never hear about. You only hear about hem through word of mouth.

Some are decent... Some are messed up! Like 'Chained'.

MV5BOGY2NTZkMjYtY2I1Ni00MTU2LTgxMTYtYTVkMjc1Yzk5NWI4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_.jpg

All I can say is... When you discover what caused him to become a psychopath, with his dad and his mom when he was a boy...

If you haven't seen it, give it a bash...

Sean Penn... Won the Oscar for it that year, I think.

Cheers, will give it a watch later , sounds right up my street.

It was pretty decent...

There's a lot of these horror/thriller films that you never hear about. You only hear about hem through word of mouth.

MV5BOGY2NTZkMjYtY2I1Ni00MTU2LTgxMTYtYTVkMjc1Yzk5NWI4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_.jpg

All I can say is... When you discover what caused him to become a psychopath, with his dad and his mom when he was a boy...

I’d have happily gone to see Fresh in the cinema.

I really love films like this, as they know from day one, the chances are it’s going to be a slow burner and if they’re lucky a word of mouth hit, but they still do them anyway.

Just watched Mystic River. Fuming at the ending

Tough watch, to be sure. I recall doing a theme of sorts of horrifying pedophilia; Mystic River, The Woodsman, and Capturing the Friedmans over a weekend. All very disturbing in their own way. Thank god I did this well before I had a child...don't think I could watch any of that stuff until my kid is all grown up.

Also, I much preferred the ending of Mystic Pizza (<--that's a joke).

Just watched this on your recommendation.

Really good film, well acted, well written and actually quite believable. Nasty nasty stuff.

Much better then The Perfection, which I thought was very far up it’s own bottom.

Proper American Pyscho vibes.

Just watched the trailer for Fresh based on the posts in this thread. Looks quite good. Gonna give it a go when I have the time.

Tough watch, to be sure. I recall doing a theme of sorts of horrifying pedophilia; Mystic River, The Woodsman, and Capturing the Friedmans over a weekend. All very disturbing in their own way. Thank god I did this well before I had a child...don't think I could watch any of that stuff until my kid is all grown up.

Also, I much preferred the ending of Mystic Pizza (<--that's a joke).
I can imagine that was a much nicer ending lol

I’d have happily gone to see Fresh in the cinema.

I really love films like this, as they know from day one, the chances are it’s going to be a slow burner and if they’re lucky a word of mouth hit, but they still do them anyway.
Exactly! Like 'The House That Jack Built' with Matt Dillon... I didn't know about it until earlier this year!

Also a slow burner... But worth the watch if you haven't seen it.

MV5BNDQ4Y2E5ODktODI5ZS00ZGVkLTgyZTEtNWY1ZjNiZTFjOTE3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODY3Nzc0OTk@._V1_.jpg

Just watched this on your recommendation.

Really good film, well acted, well written and actually quite believable. Nasty nasty stuff.

Much better then The Perfection, which I thought was very far up it’s own bottom.

Proper American Pyscho vibes.
Glad you liked it, I had the same views as you about it.

asteroid-city-movie-from-wes-anderson.webp
Just seen Asteroid City at the cinema

First ever Wes Anderson film ive seen, and it was alright.
However I don't think I like his style it was a hard watch and boring at times.

A big ensemble cast including Scarlet Johansson, Matt Dillon, Aiden Broody, Edward Norton, Tom Hanks, Margot Robbie, Jason Swartzman & Steve Carrell

The film is showing a play called Asteroid City about an alien visit to a an astonomy meeting, the film Switches between what happend with the actors in the real life (real life of the film) and actually showing the play

The dialogue is very deadpan and characters are extremely quirky.
The film set looked gorgeous, it was the reason I was interested in the film it looks so unique and vibrant, that 50s USA fallout look.

I'd only recommend watching this at the cinema if you like Wes Anderson's films, apparently this film is similar to some of his past work.

If you don't, or have never seen anything of his wait until you can stream it or miss it all together

It was meh,.glad I seen it there was some genuine funny moments throughout.

5/10

View attachment 215216
Just seen Asteroid City at the cinema

First ever Wes Anderson film ive seen, and it was alright.
However I don't think I like his style it was a hard watch and boring at times.

A big ensemble cast including Scarlet Johansson, Matt Dillon, Aiden Broody, Edward Norton, Tom Hanks, Margot Robbie, Jason Swartzman & Steve Carrell

The film is showing a play called Asteroid City about an alien visit to a an astonomy meeting, the film Switches between what happend with the actors in the real life (real life of the film) and actually showing the play

The dialogue is very deadpan and characters are extremely quirky.
The film set looked gorgeous, it was the reason I was interested in the film it looks so unique and vibrant, that 50s USA fallout look.

I'd only recommend watching this at the cinema if you like Wes Anderson's films, apparently this film is similar to some of his past work.

If you don't, or have never seen anything of his wait until you can stream it or miss it all together

It was meh,.glad I seen it there was some genuine funny moments throughout.

5/10
Well, well... Speak of the devil!

Exactly! Like 'The House That Jack Built' with Matt Dillon... I didn't know about it until earlier this year!

Also a slow burner... But worth the watch if you haven't seen it.

MV5BNDQ4Y2E5ODktODI5ZS00ZGVkLTgyZTEtNWY1ZjNiZTFjOTE3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODY3Nzc0OTk@._V1_.jpg

Matt's ears must be ringing!

He hasn't been this lucky since he got to do a sex scene with Neve Campbell and Denise Richards in Wild Things!
A movie that had Bill Murray in it, who was surprising missing from this Wes Anderson film... 🤔

It was pretty decent...

Just watched Chained.

What a performance from the two leads. Really won‘t be for everyone this, with the content.

Thought the ending could‘ve been done better though.

Just watched Chained.

What a performance from the two leads. Really won‘t be for everyone this, with the content.

Thought the ending could‘ve been done better though.
Yeah... I mean, when he was a boy and his dad made him... Ummmm, with his mom. That's how you make a psychopath 101!

The Outfit

A tidy thriller. From the get go it's clear there is more to the mild-mannered cutter (suit maker) than meets the eye. Won't say any more so as to not let the cat out of the bag.

Mark Rylance plays a great role.

The Outfit

A tidy thriller. From the get go it's clear there is more to the mild-mannered cutter (suit maker) than meets the eye. Won't say any more so as to not let the cat out of the bag.

Mark Rylance plays a great role.
I don’t know about you, but after watching that movie, I felt the need to save up and go to a genuine cutter and myself fitted for a bespoke 3 piece suit, you know 250 thread count virgin wool! No expense spared… ;)

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back