Last Film You Watched

My Sunday night viewing:
MV5BODU0MTQzZTUtYWRmZi00MzhmLWIyODItYjliMDgxNDdiMWI3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTM3Mjc5MjA4._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

It's not very often that I say this: But BANGER of a western lads!

I have not seen a western as good as this one in ages.

I was captivated from start to finish.

It's definitely one for those of us who like to saddle up and then mozey on down the dusty trail. ;)
Where can I see this?

The Masque of the Red Death (1964)

I just love this era of horror. Overall this was a really good film. Vincent Price is great here and the main girl (Jane Asher) was likeable enough as well. Worst part was anything involving the "lady of the castle" (Hazel Court). She overacted a bit too much.
It was also kind of awkward (and funny) how they dubbed the dialogue of a 8(-ish) year old girl with the voice of a clearly grown woman.
7/10

Sanctuary was nothing like what I was expecting. The whole film was basically the 2 leads (Qualley and Chris Abbot) playing out their relationship in a hotel room. It was a rollercoaster of emotions and twists. Brilliant script, brilliant casting and, above all, fantastically acted. Margaret Qualley is absolutely up there with Jodie Comer for me. Best film, by a country mile, that I've seen this year. You can catch it on 6movies.net.

Sanctuary was nothing like what I was expecting. The whole film was basically the 2 leads (Qualley and Chris Abbot) playing out their relationship in a hotel room. It was a rollercoaster of emotions and twists. Brilliant script, brilliant casting and, above all, fantastically acted. Margaret Qualley is absolutely up there with Jodie Comer for me. Best film, by a country mile, that I've seen this year. You can catch it on 6movies.net.

Chris Abbot is a massively underrated actor too,

He has a real understated presence, which if given the right part and script can be really unsettling.

Yep, she is brilliant. I recommend Stars at Noon which came out this year with her in, if you haven't seen it

It doesn't have amazing reviews but we enjoyed it, it's an English speaking French film, to an extent

Just watched this, was amazing. Captivated from start to finish.

Reminded me of Secretary with Maggie Gyllenhaal and James Spader.

Yep, she is brilliant. I recommend Stars at Noon which came out this year with her in, if you haven't seen it

It doesn't have amazing reviews but we enjoyed it, it's an English speaking French film, to an extent
Seen it mate. The one set in South Anerica. She was even better in Donnybrook albeit in more of a supporting role. None of her films seem to get the credit they deserve.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back