Last Film You Watched

Just watched this, was amazing. Captivated from start to finish.

Reminded me of Secretary with Maggie Gyllenhaal and James Spader.
Yeah. Good shout. Just that inter reaction between the two that you can't take your eyes off for a second.

According to IMDB she's playing Ginger Rogers in a new biopic of Fred and Ginger. She'll snash that and I'm predicting an Oscar nomination on the way.

The Masque of the Red Death (1964)

I just love this era of horror. Overall this was a really good film. Vincent Price is great here and the main girl (Jane Asher) was likeable enough as well. Worst part was anything involving the "lady of the castle" (Hazel Court). She overacted a bit too much.
It was also kind of awkward (and funny) how they dubbed the dialogue of a 8(-ish) year old girl with the voice of a clearly grown woman.
7/10
He was just wonderfully hammy in every role he did, even down to voicing an exaggerated version of himself as a floating head in a crystal ball helping Scooby Doo and friends. He’s up there with the likes of Cushing, Lee, Karloff and Lugosi as my favourite horror actors

Yeah. Good shout. Just that inter reaction between the two that you can't take your eyes off for a second.

According to IMDB she's playing Ginger Rogers in a new biopic of Fred and Ginger. She'll snash that and I'm predicting an Oscar nomination on the way.

Yeh I'll watch anything with her in. Almost had to pause this one halfway for a J. Arthur Rank

Anyone seen 'Amsterdam' ?

Got through 1.5 hours of it on a flight (to the part where De Niro makes a speech) and then had to turn off.

Worth watching the rest?

Watched the most recent Scream VI. I know it's a parody on slashers in itself to an extent but my goodness it's riddled with plot holes and moments/reveals teetering on ridiculous.

It's still a decent watch just put all your instincts and 'this is what I'd do' to one side because there's not one logical decision made in the 2 hour runtime.

Watched the most recent Scream VI. I know it's a parody on slashers in itself to an extent but my goodness it's riddled with plot holes and moments/reveals teetering on ridiculous.

It's still a decent watch just put all your instincts and 'this is what I'd do' to one side because there's not one logical decision made in the 2 hour runtime.
Nor two minutes prior in the run up to press play :D I jest...

Dial of destiny....... Thought the younger indy scenes were brilliantly done.
Obviously Harrison Ford can't preform the action sequences to the same degree like he did in previous films but he still did great given his age.
Worried that the female lead would be shoehorned in to please the woke generation but I really enjoyed her character. A fun and energetic performance from her.
Overall a nice send off for Indiana but personally wish it would have been ten years earlier when we could have seen more of the action packed performance from Harrison Ford that we seen in previous films.

A women under the influence (again)

a-women-under-the-influence-gena-rowlands.jpg

such a banger, seems well ahead of its time seeing it was released in 1974

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back