Last Film You Watched

Scream 6

So, I'm glad I didn't spend half a day to get to a cinema for this, because I would've been pissed. This was one of the films where I found myself writing down notes about things that annoyed me during the film, because that's more interesting than actually watching and I need to vent my frustrations after watching manure like this. There's a reason I only write long reviews for movies I hate.

The opening scene was probably the best part of the film. Samara Weaving in a tight dress could've lasted longer. The scene's nothing special all in all, but fine.

Sadly the rest of the movie is filled with annoying and unlikeable characters. The only likeable one being Jenna Ortega's.
I almost couldn't believe how bad Hayden Panettiere was here. Just wow. Firstly I couldn't buy her as an
FBI agent
whatsoever. I mean, she's probably never been an amazing actress, but this was just a whole other level of bad. Just terrible. TERRIBLEEEEEEE!

Hayden is not the only wooden actor either. They didn't want to spend money to include Neve Campbell in this film. I can see they didn't want to spend on anyone else decent either, other than the main sisters. I wouldn't mind if I never had to see Jasmin Savoy Brown, Mason Gooding, Liana Liberato or Josh Segarra again in my entire life.

Age has also caught up with Courtney Cox, understandably enough. She does okay though (I guess).

I've never seen more brutal kills in the franchise, so props for that, though it doesn't help much when the first hour+ of the film is pure crap.
A positive was the final act, I found it pretty decent actually (but not as good as in some of the earlier films in the series). Some very predictable moments here as well though.

Lastly, the dialogue in this movie. No actual humans talk like these people, surely? I get it's written for (by?) people of another generation than me, but damn. It's soooooooooo bad.

The "emotional" moments completely faceplant as well.

One more spoiler..
I was going to write something like "at least we got to see the annoying trash characters/actors die one after another", but guess what, one final plot twist, THEY SURVIVED A BUNCH OF STAB WOUNDS, and one of them literally ran around like nothing had happened cracking bad jokes 30 minutes later, 30 minutes after getting stabbed multiple times in the torso. So I guess this lot will also be in Scream 7.

Also, it's funny how multiple stabs never leave any marks on the victims clothes. There's blood, but not a single hole in the outfits. Well done.

Jenna Ortega, the opening scene and a bit of the final act saves this from a bottom rating.
4/10
Fair play, I think thats the most anyone will ever write on Scream 6

I'm a big fan of the franchise, but found it completely underwhelming, especially the cgi stuff in the dark where you couldn't make anything out.
Had no problem with the dark level when I watched it. Might be an issue with where you watched it.

I wasn't underwhelmed by it as I wasn't expecting a great deal but it was a passable McGuffin adventure. I think some of the criticisms of it are way over the top when you consider that one of the original 3 wasn't really that good.

MV5BMTY4ZmE5YWQtMjM2MC00ZWIyLThjZjAtMGMzOWFhNTU5NzAyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTI2MDc5MDA@._V1_.jpg

Was on skyarts just, 2020 film. Was ok, nothing earth shattering new. Guy got stuff done, and would repeat the process 105 times for instance to make sure. How the film studio people speak about him is very telling.

Land and Freedom

aaaaa5.jpg

I hadn't seen or even heard of this Loach film which i though was weird, but turns out it wasn't well distributed - which is crazy really as it could easily be the best of his, it is incredible. a guy from Liverpool goes to help fight in the Spanish civil war, and it shows all of the fractions of the Left which helped with their downfall, a bit like the Twitter Left actually.

Watched the new Mission Impossible, it's a great action movie, probably the best action movie to come out since the last instalment. Tom Cruise is a absolute nutter but he truly might be the last actual 'moviestar'
Undoubtedly.

Nobody provokes the same response, good or bad. No other actor carries his clout with a studio.

He's probably the last really huge moviestar.

Land and Freedom

aaaaa5.jpg

I hadn't seen or even heard of this Loach film which i though was weird, but turns out it wasn't well distributed - which is crazy really as it could easily be the best of his, it is incredible. a guy from Liverpool goes to help fight in the Spanish civil war, and it shows all of the fractions of the Left which helped with their downfall, a bit like the Twitter Left actually.
Looks like a young Ian Hart there

I've got a really vague memory of my dad watching this when I was a kid. Is there a scene where he shouts to another scouser fighting for Franco over rooftops?

Yeah. Everyone seems to be saying that the same thing where they watched it at the time, too young to remember/understand, and never been able to watch it since, until it came on Mubi the other day

4D015130-CE34-44E1-9B44-9D81D3462478.jpeg

This is much better than I thought it would be, done by the people who did Bone Tomahawk, so you know it’s going to be dark as anything.

Mel Gibson and Vince Vaughan play two detective, who get suspended without pay, after assaulting a suspect.

The decide to rob a drug dealer, to make up the shortfall in their pay and inadvertently stumble across a brutal gold bullion robbery.

Bloody carnage and chaos ensues.

Dark, atmospheric and really well done.

Vince Vaughan is terrific, even though he is support to Gibson.

Just come onto Netflix.

View attachment 218617

This is much better than I thought it would be, done by the people who did Bone Tomahawk, so you know it’s going to be dark as anything.

Mel Gibson and Vince Vaughan play two detective, who get suspended without pay, after assaulting a suspect.

The decide to rob a drug dealer, to make up the shortfall in their pay and inadvertently stumble across a brutal gold bullion robbery.

Bloody carnage and chaos ensues.

Dark, atmospheric and really well done.

Vince Vaughan is terrific, even though he is support to Gibson.

Just come onto Netflix.
81uPJkoe-vL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

This was no nice watch, and Johnson is in it also, elements of 'grindhouse' cinema (such is my understanding), gotta get bone tomahawk reeled off, plot sounds vaguely similar to a characters arc in 'the shield'. Gibson is a solid actor, shame he went off the rails and got himself demoted thereby promoting topgun of scientology.
On a related note (and this is a stretch!) the hollywood strike might see a ton of independent movies get made, and in some cases actor funded or crowd funded projects get off the ground. In 12 months time there'll be a dearth of screen options and it'd be a prime moment to kick the greedy hollywood tories square in the balls.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back