Last Film You Watched

Saw Goonies as an outdoor showing next to the parks beer garden not far from me.
Great film but as always people being people spoiled it by just chatting wham loudly through the whole thing.
Get in the beer garden and not the film area if you're just after a loud natter.
There is something special about outdoor communal cinema. Especially if it's been warm and the coolness of the evening washes over the audience...

Tarkovsky's Stalker is the latest in my quest to catch up on 'the greatest films ever made'.

3/10 Yawnfest. Nothing happens. Literally nothing. 160 minutes of it. Some nice shots but they got samey after a while.

Recommended for insomniacs or fans of really s l o w films full of depressing cod-philosophy about how shitty people are.

Going to see Oppenheimer later this evening. Our kid bailed so I'm going on my own. How people go to the summer by themselves?

I've been to the cinema on my own loads. Then again I'm a bit advocate for doing stuff on my own. Gigs, meals, pubs, all great

Yeah I got a lot on my own too. Haven't been so much since the summer started and had other things on, but 2/3 times a month prob before that. I have that Odeon cinema pass, so good way of seeing all the things my gf wouldn't want to watch!

Remember going to see Malcolm X on my own when it was first released many years back. It was in one of the smaller screens at Brum Odeon. It was a 2 0 clock viewing and I was the only one there so sat in the middle about half way back. About half way through some bloke wondered in and sat next to me!!!, he could have sat anywhere else, must have thought that it was a shame I was alone but it freaked me out!!, as soon as the film finished I was off! 😆

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back