Last Film You Watched

Watched a couple of new ones on Netflix this week :

Lansky.

Gangster bio, starring Harvey Keitel and Sam Worthington.

Keitel plays ageing real life gangster, Myer Lansky, as he narrates his life story to a down on his luck journo, played by Sam Worthington for a book.

Average film, not bad, not good - been done before, but with a bit more zip.

Cop Shop.

Brain dead cops and robbers film, set in a desert police station, starring Gerard Butler and Frank Grillo, who both produced it.

Frank Grillo, plays a gangster, who other gangsters are trying to kill, but the problem is that he`s got himself deliberately locked up for his own safety and they still try and get to him in the police station.

A really good supporting cast and a new actor to me, Alexis Louder steals it.

Borrows quite a bit from Tarantino, quite funny in parts and some really good fight scenes in it.

One for an evening with a few beers and nothing else to do.

Watched a couple of new ones on Netflix this week :

Lansky.

Gangster bio, starring Harvey Keitel and Sam Worthington.

Keitel plays ageing real life gangster, Myer Lansky, as he narrates his life story to a down on his luck journo, played by Sam Worthington for a book.

Average film, not bad, not good - been done before, but with a bit more zip.

Cop Shop.

Brain dead cops and robbers film, set in a desert police station, starring Gerard Butler and Frank Grillo, who both produced it.

Frank Grillo, plays a gangster, who other gangsters are trying to kill, but the problem is that he`s got himself deliberately locked up for his own safety and they still try and get to him in the police station.

Borrows quite a bit from Tarantino, quite funny in parts and some really good fight scenes in it.

Running out of decent horror's to watch these days, so after at least a decade, I gave the first Hostel another watch again last night.

First name that pops up is: 'Quentin Tarantino presents'. I didn't know he had anything to do with it.

I guess you learn something new everyday.

Running out of decent horror's to watch these days, so after at least a decade, I gave the first Hostel another watch again last night.

First name that pops up is: 'Quentin Tarantino presents'. I didn't know he had anything to do with it.

The first Hostel is pretty decent, the rest are just lazy and vile.

The first Hostel is pretty decent, the rest are just lazy and vile.
Pretty much... I thought about giving the whole trilogy a watch, but then remembered how rubbish the other 2 were.

The first one was released in 2005. Crickey! It literally felt like the other day I went with my mates to go watch it at the cinema.

I felt old after the viewing. :(

OK help my brain out.

Film, potentially 80s, probably comedy.
Guy gets told to look up a relative, brother maybe cousin, when he travels to a place and the relative is the same actor and just as annoying.

Nvm it's "Moving". My brain finally worked.

Watching that this week.

OK help my brain out.

Film, potentially 80s, probably comedy.
Guy gets told to look up a relative, brother maybe cousin, when he travels to a place and the relative is the same actor and just as annoying.

Nvm it's "Moving". My brain finally worked.

Watching that this week.
'My cousin Vinny' ?

you seemed to give up half way through.

'My cousin Vinny' ?

you seemed to give up half way through.
I was wracking my brain for ages but once I sat down and wrote my thoughts out I clicked.
Thing that was throwing was the cousin thing and thinking Randy Quaid was in it. Then thinking "Nah, he's Cousin Eddie from the vacation movies."
Then my brain finally remembered Richard Pryor and it all fell into place.

Think this is the film where the Korean director gets run over by a train at the end? Check his films out. Takeshi Kitano possibly? Not sure it's late

I was wracking my brain for ages but once I sat down and wrote my thoughts out I clicked.
Thing that was throwing was the cousin thing and thinking Randy Quaid was in it. Then thinking "Nah, he's Cousin Eddie from the vacation movies."
Then my brain finally remembered Richard Pryor and it all fell into place.
isnt booze strong..

Think this is the film where the Korean director gets run over by a train at the end? Check his films out. Takeshi Kitano possibly? Not sure it's late
I think you're getting your movies mixed up... There is a scene towards the end where a Japanese girl jumps in front of a train. But I don't think she was the director. 😂

Cop Shop.

Watched this last night, your review is spot on.

Has to be the world record for the use of the word= F***K in the dialogue.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back