Last Film You Watched

I watched two films last night. The Zone of Interest (very good and disturbing) and Witness (1980's Harrison Ford and Amish film - as great as I remembered it!)
The zone of interest was wild in many ways. The way they were with the things going on, just yards away... unreal.. almost otherworldly behaviour

Not bad but not great seems to be the verdict.

Also, potential spoiler in the vid above.

It's not bad but don't think it's as good as I was hoping.
It does tie in with all the other films and makes a lot of sense story wise, just don't feel like it had that killer quality that the reviews seem to be suggesting.

It's not bad but don't think it's as good as I was hoping.
It does tie in with all the other films and makes a lot of sense story wise, just don't feel like it had that killer quality that the reviews seem to be suggesting.
Agreed….it was worthwhile but not great - overall through a decent addition to the series

Can you give anymore of a breakdown ?

What’s good ?

What’s not so good ?

Without giving spoilers away obs 👍

The serious reviews I’ve read are all falling pretty much on the positive side.
Good = the return to its horror roots, characters, storyline, timeline, some set pieces.

Not so good = mainly just the nostalgic element of some scenes (a nod and a wink type stuff which always grates on me). I think for a movie to be universally praised after such a long franchise history, it would have to be amazing. For example, every critic seemed to bang on about the recently revised Halloween franchise, they didn’t do anything for me, they were just more of the same, at least this one does try to be a little different.

If it helps if I would rank this in the scheme of things as the fourth best movie in the overall series of eight movies (I wasn’t a lover of Prometheus or Covenant - they were too ‘world building and thematic for me). The top 3 for me would still be the first three (although Alien3 would still be debatable for people)

Thought Romulus was good and would put it third best after 2 and 1. Weirdly not as good as the huge ratings its getting imo. Far too many easter eggs/nods back. Think it would have been much better without them.

Solid acting performances and decent enough story, though not quite sure about the bonkers ending. Worth the cinema money though, if you fancy some gorey horror in addition to watching the sickening goo Everton are serving up on the pitch.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back