Last Film You Watched

Did not like Romulus at all. Very disappointed.

Liked:
The lead actress
The world building in the first 20-30 minutes.

Didn’t like:
No claustrophobic or suspenseful terror of Alien or Alien 3.
No all out action of Aliens or Resurrection.
Bonkers and stupid ending.
All the call backs to the previous films….didn't need them, especially a character return. Dumb.
All the rest of it.

The series went crazy with altering gestation periods of all forms of alien but what we got in Romulus was just ridiculous!

And what the hell happened to the Xenomorphs….they used to be scary and bad a**. Now they are idiotic and easily pushed around, and completely easy for anyone to kill them.

My ranking, 6th out of the 7 Alien films. Covenant is still my least favorite (I’m not including the AvP fiascos.)

Stayed up and watched Predator, couldn’t help myself 😂
To this day, Jesse Ventura still claims that his biceps were bigger than Arnolds at the time of filming... 😆

Verdict?

@Nymzee I know you were also keen to give this ago:
MV5BNDVkZTM0NDAtNTQxMS00NWIyLTgyM2ItNjAxOTllYTAzNTVjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjM4NTM5NDY@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

I thought it was pretty much a carbon copy of the first one, but there was a hint that there's going to be a 'Chapter 2'.

There's 'kin cool films, and then there's...

Bullitt-Bruno-Morphet-Poster.jpg

Nearly 60 years old and its amazing how contemporary this still is. It feels raw, clinical, sophisticated and right on the edge. You could take the screenplay and shoot it now, but the acting, direction, cinematography, editing and pace remain entirely current. And that soundtrack, damn.

Still reverberating in cinema today.
"Look, you work your side of the street, and I'll work mine"

'kin brilliant flick.

On a blu ray..

There's 'kin cool films, and then there's...

View attachment 269483

Nearly 60 years old and its amazing how contemporary this still is. It feels raw, clinical, sophisticated and right on the edge. You could take the screenplay and shoot it now, but the acting, direction, cinematography, editing and pace remain entirely current. And that soundtrack, damn.

Still reverberating in cinema today.
"Look, you work your side of the street, and I'll work mine"

'kin brilliant flick.

On a blu ray..
I still think this mate...

Might give the remake a miss then. I mean, there is only one Steve McQueen...
Steve-McQueen-Bullitt.jpg

Always thought that he bore a slight resemblance to our former gaffer, Dour Davey Moyes?! Am I alone in thinking this?
😆 😝

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back