Leighton Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
So don't go, don't leave
Please stay, with us
You are, the only thing, we need
To get by, get by
Leighton_Baines_2466878b.jpg

it's kenwright's fault united bid for our player? or is it his fault baines has asked for a transfer request (in your scenario). i don't get your point whatsoever

Kenwright could show some guts for once and say that we won't consider any bids from somebody who is still legally contracted to us? Someone that we're still paying £60,000 a week... Relates to the point someone made about the inferiority complex surrounding the club; a complex that emanates from up top.

At present, we're getting humiliated again by United. Yes, we'll probably lose Baines but how about at least some fight from our chairman?

... even if the club say they don't want to sell, Baines will slap in a transfer request because he hates the club. then he will tell the rest of the squad that Martinez is a nightmare. They will all put in transfer requests, then Kenwright will sell them all because he wants to get back at moaning fans

Pardon?

These dont post bull**** either...

Everton Aren't We? ‏@EvertonArentWe 1m
Apparently United's interest in Baines has been known for weeks and the player won't force a move if Everton want him to stay.

Not defending Moyes, but I doubt the 12m is his offer. There is one person who controls things still at united and its not ginge

Baines been offered 4 year deal to become highest paid player at the club.

no-one is interested in this kind of sensible comment. its in a paper that someone may have made a bid. he is going and will probably steal seat cushions on the way out

IF Baines leaves, I'd seriously fume if the fee was even a penny less than at least £20m In fact I'd slap a £40m price tag on him. Force United to do the negotiating.

I assume 'Not for sale at any price' includes 40 mill. so that's out

Even if Baines didn't want to move the club would still say that it was down to the player, saying that we couldn't deny him CL football at this stage of his career and what a great servant he'd been to the club.

I cant think of another player in the squad less likely to demand to leave. I certainly don't think he'll push for it. If he's presented with an attitude that he's not key to plans then he may change his mind, but the noises from everyone of significance in the club, including the manager, is that he is.

This inferiority complex has only arrived since Moyes and Bill took over. Even when we were ****e in the 90's we didn't allow other clubs to bend us over, we still had abit of pride in our heritage. In the last 10 years we have allowed Utd to belittle us at every opportunity including Moyes rolling over at Old Trafford every season and lapping up Fergusons praises afterwards.

If you don't respect yourself no one else will and that mentality has finally caught up with us. A younger fan of football would have no idea of the history, size or achievements of Everton Football Club because we have told no one in a long time.

Agree with every word, well said mate.

In some respects Moyes joining in a ransack of the place might pull some of the less enthused to the Martinez cause I reckon adversity will see him thrive and at least if Baines joins Fellaini on the outward bound express everyone knows the score.

RM getting his own players in and modelling the squad to his own style sharpish is no bad thing - perhaps we might return to being Everton Football Club rather than this down at heel shthouse outfit we've been under the shifty ginger bollocks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back