Leighton Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe in fairytales anymore mate. Every player has his price (sadly enough). That said, will be physically sick the day Baines is sold.

sorry, agree that an amount that makes sense for the club means that the statement is illogical. but as I think the club realise that it would have to be an amount that guarantees a replacement of similar quality who loves the club and a little extra on top. realistically..not for sale

It was in the paper SAF was on his way some months before confirmed - denied of course - papers don't always get it wrong.

if you speculate endlessly then you will get something right, and it was hardly a scoop to say he would be leaving some point soon. if they had to publish articles every time they got it all wrong there would be no space left in the papers. some reports are based on genuine info from the clubs and usually include quotes and sources. their guesses are usually much worse than ours

Then he's a puppet?

A bit yes, ferguson will still have lots to say I'm sure. United wanted him last year, so no surprise they are back again.

For once I think we will reject all bids (united wont go past 20m IMO) one man controls the transfer for me and I can't see him requesting a transfer.

I cant think of another player in the squad less likely to demand to leave. I certainly don't think he'll push for it. If he's presented with an attitude that he's not key to plans then he may change his mind, but the noises from everyone of significance in the club, including the manager, is that he is.

Hopefully that's the case. If Bill did decide that the price was right though I think that he'd try and shift the blame on to Baines somehow. But then at the same time I don't think that he'd want to stir up hostility (especially as it wouldn't be Baines' fault), so he'd probably play it very much as he has done with Moyes going to United.

It seemed to me that the Rodwell transfer happened in that sort of way. Jack appeared to me quite focussed on doing well for Everton and had no particular ambitions of going to a 'big' club, but he was more or less told that he was going. Fighting to stay would probably have seemed futile and it might have seemed foolish to turn down much more money and the chance to reach the pinnacle of the sport.

A bit yes, ferguson will still have lots to say I'm sure. United wanted him last year, so no surprise they are back again.

For once I think we will reject all bids (united wont go past 20m IMO) one man controls the transfer for me and I can't see him requesting a transfer.

What a weak character Moyes must have to allow a string puller to try and prise away our number one asset for a pittance...the club he still thinks of as being special to him. If that's the case, I think even less of him than if he was calling the shots himself.

But how many have come in for Cole?

Seriously, if he'd agitated for a move the whole of Europe would have been queuing round the block trying to get a deal.

Cole went from one title winning side to another. Where else would he go? Or a club would afford him.

And clubs don't need to see a player agitated, they make them agitated like United are doing.

Hopefully that's the case. If Bill did decide that the price was right though I think that he'd try and shift the blame on to Baines somehow. But then at the same time I don't think that he'd want to stir up hostility (especially as it wouldn't be Baines' fault), so he'd probably play it very much as he has done with Moyes going to United.

It seemed to me that the Rodwell transfer happened in that sort of way. Jack appeared to me quite focussed on doing well for Everton and had no particular ambitions of going to a 'big' club, but he was more or less told that he was going. Fighting to stay would probably have seemed futile and it might have seemed foolish to turn down much more money and the chance to reach the pinnacle of the sport.

I think Baines is a different issue to Rodwell. Baines is key to how we play. and it's a former manager coming back in for him at the club who wrested Rooney from us also. The fall out from this will be huge.

What a weak character Moyes must have to allow a string puller to try and prise away our number one asset for a pittance...the club he still thinks of as being special to him. If that's the case, I think even less of him than if he was calling the shots himself.

Just my opinion. Fergie wanted him last year, with Moyes there probably thinks theres a better chance of getting him.

It's business mate isn't it, he isn't one of us, it was a job. I'm sure we are special to him, but he's there now and he knows he needs instant success or he's out of a job.

I think Baines is a different issue to Rodwell. Baines is key to how we play. and it's a former manager coming back in for him at the club who wrested Rooney from us also. The fall out from this will be huge.

Couldn't you say the same about Fellaini? Maybe it's telling that there hasn't been a double bid that we know of?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back