Leighton Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that we concede more goals from our left hand side proves it mate.

You're either stupid, never actually played/watched football, a WUM, or all three at once.

Either way, you're massively entertaining - like the Everton Forum in a microcosm, or - as someone once said - "it's like Damon moved to Southend". Kudos to you.

If he is being asked to attack as part of his role, then he isn't out of position. This whole like of thinking is patently absurd.

Obviously this.

The Everton team will be SIGNIFICANTLY worser off without Leighton Baines.

Anyone trying to justify his departure or spin in a positive manner is talking a load of rubbish.

No matter how much money we realistically get, we won't get anyone anywhere as good as him.

Ye,the way he is being portrayed we must have one of the worst defenders in the prem,F++++n unbelievable

The only thing that matters is this: Baines is far too good going forward to ever worry about any defensive frailties. The seesaw is so heavily weighted in favour of his attacking that any counter-argument is non-sensical.

His value to the team is clear to all - and I don't believe anyone is seriously worried about him not tracking back.

If Baines is such an awful defender, why dont we just take the £12m, as utd are obviously over paying.

Hardly a surprise; he did it for the entire last season he was here and people wanted to give him a medal for it.

The idea that Man Utd bid for Baines and Moyes is completely in the dark about it is absolutely fascinating.

It's not about him being in the dark (he's gone in for him) , it's about him dictating the price United will bid for him.

It's daft to think he's marched in and gone, £12mill will do for Baines fellers, I know this so get it done. And they've walked off with his "blessing" and put a bid in.

End of the day, they looked to make the same or similar bid last season. United will have a max they'll go for and start low before going up. Moyes won't be pulling now strings when it comes to how much Man United are willing to spend.

Unless you think he's got that much power over there.

Just been saying exactly the same, Kanchelskis and Baines are the two players in the last 25 years who would have had a chance of playing in the 85 team. Baines 100% would have got his place, he would go to another level at United as well. Gutted...

If he is being asked to attack as part of his role, then he isn't out of position. This whole like of thinking is patently absurd.

Just because he chooses to gamble on an attack whether it be through tactics or design, doesn't take away the fact it's a choice that leaves our defence vulnerable and wanting after conceding a goal.

You can argue that it isn't as bad because there is a deliberate choice to place his defence in jeopardy through attempting to instigate a successful attack, but the end result is the same, Baines' attacking actions make a defence more vulnerable to conceding a goal, and that is what the United fans are wary of, and why many people don't think of him as a great defender.

It's not about him being in the dark (he's gone in for him) , it's about him dictating the price United will bid for him.

It's daft to think he's marched in and gone, £12mill will do for Baines fellers, I know this so get it done. And they've walked off with his "blessing" and put a bid in.

End of the day, they looked to make the same or similar bid last season. United will have a max they'll go for and start low before going up. Moyes won't be pulling now strings when it comes to how much Man United are willing to spend.

Unless you think he's got that much power over there.

Ahhh gotcha. That makes more sense.

Moyes wouldn't set the bidding price but he's definitely instructed them to raid us for Baines.

Which, of course, makes him a massive snide, but I don't blame him for doing so in the slightest. He'd be mad not to really - Evra is getting on, Buttner isn't the best really, Fabio is pretty poor too... if he can land a left back like Baines then he's going to do so as he's the Man Utd manager, not Everton's.

You're either stupid, never actually played/watched football, a WUM, or all three at once.

Either way, you're massively entertaining - like the Everton Forum in a microcosm, or - as someone once said - "it's like Damon moved to Southend". Kudos to you.

Obviously this.

If you can't see that his neglection of his defensive duties through trying to instigate attacks results in him providing less defensive protection, then god help you.

If you can finally grasp that, then you will finally realise that he provides less defensive protection than Seamus Coleman.

Moyes wouldn't set the bidding price but he's definitely instructed them to raid us for Baines.

Which, of course, makes him a massive snide, but I don't blame him for doing so in the slightest. He'd be mad not to really - Evra is getting on, Buttner isn't the best really, Fabio is pretty poor too... if he can land a left back like Baines then he's going to do so as he's the Man Utd manager, not Everton's.

I totally agree, I said "messin" the other day, I would think less of Moyes, as a man, if he didnt come in for the best LB in World Football, 12m is a joke of a price and lets face it, they knew we would decline.

Its all about Baines himself tho really, I certainly wouldnt blame the lid if he wanted to "test" himself in the CL.

I would be gutted, but not angry.

Exactly. Moyes is over for me the minute that Chelsea game finished last season. Therefore he's just another opposition manager at a club wanting one of our top players, which is a given.

But I certainly separate the bid from the manager as it's not his place to dictate how much a club value a player he wants to buy. They'll have a budget too, and I'd be pissed off with us if we blew most of a budget on full back when we need more important roles filling.

I totally agree, I said "messin" the other day, I would think less of Moyes, as a man, if he didnt come in for the best LB in World Football, 12m is a joke of a price and lets face it, they knew we would decline.

Its all about Baines himself tho really, I certainly wouldnt blame the lid if he wanted to "test" himself in the CL.

I would be gutted, but not angry.

I think he'll go for around £18-20m. Possibly £18m with Buttner actually, something like that.

But, like you, I'd respect Moyes more for doing it. It's the action of a winner, who doesn't give a crap about anything other than winning. Given I definitely don't believe Moyes is a winner, it'd be a surprise, but it'd definitely earn a bit of respect from me, and I might begin to think he's possibly up for the job at Old Trafford.

That said, I still 110% believe he's going to bottle it massively and finish 3rd next year. That's where you and I differ really ;)

I think he'll go for around £18-20m. Possibly £18m with Buttner actually, something like that.

But, like you, I'd respect Moyes more for doing it. It's the action of a winner, who doesn't give a crap about anything other than winning. Given I definitely don't believe Moyes is a winner, it'd be a surprise, but it'd definitely earn a bit of respect from me, and I might begin to think he's possibly up for the job at Old Trafford.

That said, I still 110% believe he's going to bottle it massively and finish 3rd next year. That's where you and I differ really ;)

Im not convinced he will win anything.

I think Fergie gave them an extra 20% on the pitch, the squad they have, a few gems apart, RVP, Rooney, Kagawa, on his day, is utter turd and unless he signs some players of real quality, Baines, I think he will really struggle.

Im not convinced he will win anything.

I think Fergie gave them an extra 20% on the pitch, the squad they have, a few gems apart, RVP, Rooney, Kagawa, on his day, is utter turd and unless he signs some players of real quality, Baines, I think he will really struggle.

I'm worried that I'm agreeing with you literally word for word. Going to make a doctors appointment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back