Leighton Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
His set pieces were a shambles today. No excuses for hitting the first defender from a corner.

Yeah baines was class today, his defending was second to no one, very happy for the lad after reading recent pooh on here that he’s had his best years ! i do think someone should make a nice apology thread for the likes of baines and jags so all the numptys on here recently can make an apology for there disrespect towards these great everton stars!!!

one of...definitely. Plus players around him are giving him the ball much more and Sterling is getting much better with linking with him at times.. (I know)

That's because you haven't got this pattern of play happening: Hart - Gerrard- swung ball out to Johnson - lose possession - repeat ad nauseam. Now the midfielfers are finally giving Baines the ball where he wants it unlike Stevie Me who only ever had two passing thoughts in his head, out to Johnson or long to Rooney.

Dont care how bad Norway was, watching sn England side playing together as a team without the egos of Terry Cole Gerrard and Lampard is fantastic. Does some of the players' confidence the world of good when they can perform without the media salivating over the prospect of Gerrard/ Lampard coming in to replace yhem for the big game. No coincidence that now the media cant use 'we'd be stronger with Cole playing' that Baines has started playing well for England.

Defensive he was a bit shacky again for me. Positionally he is pretty poor, and its even more evident for England.

He is protected by the formation at Everton.

Great going forward, but average defending. He will be over-taken as soon as one of the younger left backs step up.

Defensive he was a bit shacky again for me. Positionally he is pretty poor, and its even more evident for England.

He is protected by the formation at Everton.

Great going forward, but average defending. He will be over-taken as soon as one of the younger left backs step up.
He will be overtaken as soon as Shaw gets fit and starts a few games for United.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back