Leighton Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can handle around £18 million as long as over £15 million is up front. Utd fans don't think he's worth that much, and I agree he isn't worth that to Utd. He has far more value as an everton player than he ever would to Utd because he is one of the key components to our team.

If he's off, then I wish the lad well, Arteta style. The best everton fullback i've ever witnessed without doubt.

around 2/3rds of that will be upfront the rest over installments mate.

Really? What's changed?

Well to be honest 99% of the time when everton recieve a fee for a player a percentage of it comes out of moyes budget to repay the bank. This time moyes will have the full transfer fee to buy new players. So alot has changed really hasnt it !

So pretty much what's been reported in the papers then. Shame, £12million won't stretch far. Oh well, will see what happens.

Moyes could spend the full £18 million. He'd just have to make a percentage downpayment with the rest as installments on any players that he wants to buy.

if baines sadly goes the 1st name to buy should be holtby IMO, would prefer him so much more than dempsey, sadly i reckon it'd be the latter seeming as we are so keen on him. Holtby only has one year left on his contract so wouldn't be too high of a fee. Would like us to then try and convince hoilett as our RM as i dont see the point in splashing the cash on donovan if we can basically get him for free in jan. Ince seems to be high on moyes' radar as well as a RM option. Adam johnson would be another alternative who i would love as i think pranjic will be fine enough to step in at LB as a replacement. Then we could use the rest of the money for another boss striker to push jelly's performance to the max. Clyne should be a must and i can't believe we're not even considering it.

@ToffeeJack - Clyne is a boss shout for RB, saw palace play a few times last season and he looked very good.

@ToffeeJack - Clyne is a boss shout for RB, saw palace play a few times last season and he looked very good.

hes out of contract, how has he not been snapped up by anyone amazes me. I've heard that moyes is apparently very content with hibbo and neville so won't make a move :S

THT says it's primarily media-driven and we've had no offers.

So yeah, I'm sticking with that until THT or another trusted source says differently.

This is just guesswork, but my personal take is that the stories aren't coming from Everton, and they aren't coming from Baines, so they probably originate from Old Trafford. By feeding the media with these stories they're testing the water. They're looking to see if Baines is ready to jump at the chance of a move, and they're looking to see how big a carrot would be enough to tempt us. Until there's any confirmation that there's been any contact whatsoever between the two clubs, it's pointless getting too hung up on any figures being bandied about. If they're at all serious then in all probability they'll start with a low offer and then let us sweat some more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back