Leighton Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
As someone said, the reported fee on offer is coming down every day... If a bid was made around 8-10m, then we'd have to be mental to accept it (Maybe we are). 15m and that would be a different story, I can't see why we'd sell him with so much other dead wood at the club.

See herein lies the problem.

Every other day, a new price is quoted, going a wee bit lower with the apparent price. It gets down to £5-6m and we all say that'd be a crazy bid to accept. Then a bid comes in for £12m and everyone is suddenly a lot more accepting of it.

Just jib them off and keep him.

I love you Bainsey you scruffy little get.

You know how you can put posters on ignore (hiya D x) is it possible to put threads on ignore?

Everytime I see a new post in this thread, I know it's not going to do me any good but I can't help clicking it.
have EVERTON FOOTBALL CLUB made 1 statement over the summer that baines is not for sale ,have they fook .

have EVERTON FOOTBALL CLUB made 1 statement over the summer that baines is not for sale ,have they fook .

I know mate, it's all it would take to put it to bed. That's why I've convinced myself he's off and we'll likely see no more than £12m for him either.

I know mate, it's all it would take to put it to bed. That's why I've convinced myself he's off and we'll likely see no more than £12m for him either.

Yeah cause if they came out tomoorow and said "Baines is not for sale" that would mean he wouldn't get sold and everyone would believe it.

Didn't they say Lescott wasn't for sale?

Yeah cause if they came out tomoorow and said "Baines is not for sale" that would mean he wouldn't get sold and everyone would believe it.

Didn't they say Lescott wasn't for sale?

Your point is a good one Death, and has made me face up to the ridiculousness of my possibly believing a word Everton might say.

no but lescott was saying let me go all summer,baines will never do this

But the club still said he wasn't for sale but sold him anyway (although i realise that was more of a bargaining tool with City).

Maybe the silence is actually a good sign regarding Baines.

But the club still said he wasn't for sale but sold him anyway (although i realise that was more of a bargaining tool with City).

Maybe the silence is actually a good sign regarding Baines.

The silence is due to Season tickets they still want shifting.

Its why we only sell players after the first games, cos people have already committed.

Ferguson has said that he had to let Fabio go out on loan because Evra is hardly ever injured, so the young Brazilian wasn't getting any game time. Logically they would need either a journeyman who doesn't mind not playing, a youngster with less of a pressing need for first-team football or a utility player to act as cover. It would make no sense for them to spend so much on a fullback in his prime unless they were moving Evra (their captain) on. And if that was the case, why would they let their back up go out? It doesn't add up.

As someone said, the reported fee on offer is coming down every day... If a bid was made around 8-10m, then we'd have to be mental to accept it (Maybe we are). 15m and that would be a different story, I can't see why we'd sell him with so much other dead wood at the club.

Apparently Kentight has said WHOEVER we sell for WHATEVER PRICE, Moyes will only be able to spend 50% of the transfer fee anyway, so if we sell one of the best LBs in the prem for a measily £8m we will get £4m to replace him with. Now i know Moyes can sniff out a bargin (history proves) but its BS that the board can pocket 50% of any transfer fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back