Leighton Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a no-brainer for United, like. RVP would slot many a goal with the calibre of delivery Baines would whip in there AND they have the prospect of squaring up to Blue Bill in negotiations. They'd be mad not to go for him imo.

Cant disagree with that mate, but the way he, Moyes, is going about it stinks. Remember what he said about City during the Lescott deal? Total W***** IMO.

Playing the game here Moyes, put a low bid in. Get Baines attention, make him push for the move. Buy him for 14 million, Bill thinks he got a win by getting an extra 2 million.

^^^ THIS!!

You're absolutely spot on.. and is the part that makes me most angry to be honest. MUFC know there is no way in hell we'll accept £12m for him. The bid's only intention is to unsettle the player in hopes he will push for a move... just like you said!

Pretty poor way to treat your former employer, Moyes. If you want one of your former players, fine.. but pay a fair market value. No need to be a right cheap b@stard!

fumin' like! :@

I did find it strange at the time when Jags signed a 2yr extension in January keeping him at the club till 2017, that Baines wasn't offered a similar deal, seems stupid to let him run down his contract with only 2ys remaining.

Whatever happens just please don't let Baines be painted a judas. 80% of our fanbase are sheep and will think what they're told to think, and the thought of us turning on the soundest fella in football turns my stomach.

If this is true, then Moyes can [Poor language removed] right off. Has this guy got even a shred of respect for the club who has employed him for the last 11 years? I don't want to see Baines go to United for any price. It's a matter of principle.

I hope he gets hell when he comes back to Goodison, and I don't want to see a single Evertonian applauding that absolute ****house.

Well done Moyes, you've just undone 11 years of loyal support by pissing on my face.

i love him and will be devastated if he leaves but is he does and we can get luke shaw and still have some cash left over it would be an ok deal for us

I felt like Baines was having a bit of a pop at Moyes in his latest interview, seems he is made up to have a new manager who will encourage them to attack. Hope that's the case anyway.

I reckon we'd compromise at around £18m.
I would be absolutely aghast at that valuation of clearly our best player.

He is English, coming up to his prime and is on a long term contract.

Lescott was sold for 24m.

Start the bidding at twenty at the VERY least, and settle for no less than the 24m we sold Lescott for.

It's a lot easier to pick up a decent centre back than a left back who can provide you five goals and ten assists a season.

12m, wtf.

I fully expect Leighton to go, though.

Martinez probably knows he's off already, and just makes me lol more at kenwright's "I'll give him a few quid" line from the press conference, the horrible bastards.

Whatever happens just please don't let Baines be painted a judas. 80% of our fanbase are sheep and will think what they're told to think, and the thought of us turning on the soundest fella in football turns my stomach.

I wonder if we will get the " we offered him the greatest deal in our history, but he cried down the phone to leave " story from Bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back