Leighton Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't sell to Utd now, period! No way, if he's gunna leave I'd rather it was for a foreign side but no way should we ever trade with Utd now. I'm sick of playing the "feeder club" to these scum.

Wait till the inevitable player plus cash offer gets tabled!

£12M plus Jonny Evans...you know it's coming!!

Cant disagree with that mate, but the way he, Moyes, is going about it stinks. Remember what he said about City during the Lescott deal? Total W***** IMO.

I can't even be 100% sure it is Moyes. I'm sure he'd love Leighton there, but the interest from United has been there for quite some time and it has been serious. Unless there's proof that it's Moyes in which case that'd be the first time a manager has gone back and raided their former club for heir best players.

There is a different between Wigan right now as they have gone down and players want to leave, so why not bid for players who are leaving anyway. Man u are trying to unsettle our best player with a low bid.

Is there any chance the lad wants to see out his career here, would love it to be the case.

Hope Moyes and United fall flat on their ar$e next season.

I would be absolutely aghast at that valuation of clearly our best player.

He is English, coming up to his prime and is on a long term contract.

Lescott was sold for 24m.

Start the bidding at twenty at the VERY least, and settle for no less than the 24m we sold Lescott for.

It's a lot easier to pick up a decent centre back than a left back who can provide you five goals and ten assists a season.

12m, wtf.

I fully expect Leighton to go, though.

Martinez probably knows he's off already, and just makes me lol more at kenwright's "I'll give him a few quid" line from the press conference, the horrible bastards.

I agree that we should be looking closer to the Lescott valuation, but Kenwright negotiating with Man United worries me..

Why are we all in fume mode? It's like the least unsurprising news ever.

If you didn't think Moyes would come in for Baines, even when Fergie went after him last season, then you must live a sheltered life.

End of the day it's at Kenwrongs doorstep to get the right price.

But as usual we won't slap a price tag on players like Levy would do, we fast around and dwindle on it.

Lets be honest Man u will get their man, We have to try and get as much as we can. So who could we get cos we don't have anyone at the club right now. We wont get Luke Shaw

Moyes has f*cked himself by pricing lescott at 24 mil when he was at Everton. Baines is a better player than Lescott so 12 mil just won't cut it I'm affraid.

Provided it's true like.

Any other club for the best in their position in Europe gets top dollar. Elstone has boasted about us doing exactly that on occasion. Let's see if they're as good as their word and force this right up into the £20-30M range.

Moyes, held as a classy man in the media, goes back to his old club to raid their best players with embarrassingly low bids.

Just see what kind of man he really is.

If you didn't think Moyes would come in for Baines, even when Fergie went after him last season, then you must live a sheltered life.

But as usual we won't slap a price tag on players like Levy would do, we fast around and dwindle on it.

Up in arms because starting out at a low bid like that indicates that Moyes is looking to have to pay out only a few mill more (or £12m + a united second stringer).

Christ, it isnt about Utd coming after the lad, I havnt got a problem with that, it is the snidey, disrespectful way he/they are going about it.

Moyes, held as a classy man in the media, goes back to his old club to raid their best players with embarrassingly low bids.

Just see what kind of man he really is.

Add to this the fact he's still our manger.

We are paying him to bid for our best player.

It's a joke really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back