Leighton Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are we all in fume mode? It's like the least unsurprising news ever.

If you didn't think Moyes would come in for Baines, even when Fergie went after him last season, then you must live a sheltered life.

End of the day it's at Kenwrongs doorstep to get the right price.

But as usual we won't slap a price tag on players like Levy would do, we fast around and dwindle on it.

Sorry to be pendatic but you mean most unsuprising or least suprising. Watch your souble negatives mate ;)

But yeeah we knew Baines drama was coming.

Wouldn't be anywhere near as much of a blow as you lot of luvvies are making it out to be.

YES he is and has been our main attacking threat whilst still being a boss defender... all whilst Hibbert has been on the right locking that side down defensively.

So not much difference really if Baines was to go, Oviedo gets his chance at leftback and Coleman moves our attacking fullback option over to the right.

The only blow here is that we are about to have 2 propper attacking fullbacks instead of one... but surly that is too much attacking for a defensive line? (unless we really are playing 3 CB's)

Don't get me wrong, I don't want him to go either... but if he wants to go - thanks and **** off.

The world doesn't end when a player leaves, you just move the team around and find another outlet

Some of you need to lay off the hormonal pills and stop being a bunch of melted quims

This.

Baines has been our main attacking threat (prior to Seamus's stromg end to the season) for a number of years now simply because we had a negative magaer whom hadn't a clue hpw to attack with proper, recognised attackers.

This new manager has a whole new footballing philosophy and I am sure the departure of an albeit very good attacking full back won't cause him any sleepless nights.

And here's something else you might like to ponder.

Much as Baines is fantastic going forward, as a defender he isn't much better than average.

Let Moyes have Baines and let us screw as much out of United as we can.

Get it done ASAP and let Roberto have the dough to strengthen the squad.

I have seen enough potential in Oviedo to suggest he could fill the Baines role very well.

Dunno why Moyes is gettin stick, Utd were in for him last season aswell. So its ok for Martinez to pick up wigans good players(if they have any) but when Moyes tries it he's a [Poor language removed].

There's no way he's goin for 12 million, if he goes I recon it'll be more like 16-18 mill but if Fellaini's worth 23 Baines should be worth 25 at least.

It's called respect, if Moyes wants him he should pay the price. He knows what that price is better then anyone. A 12m bid is literally to turn a players head so you can have him on the cheap. The man has thought he is bigger then Everton for the last 5 years and now he's proving it. I would rather us sell to someone cheaper then to that ****.

For what is worth I think Baines will stay, by all accounts he's worried how a move to a Manchester club would affect him and his family. Although most wouldn't begrudge him success he probably knows there are also afew loons

It would be quite refreshing if the Club made an statement - Baines is not for sale at any price, further bids would be viewed as unhelpful.

Moyes, held as a classy man in the media, goes back to his old club to raid their best players with embarrassingly low bids.

Just see what kind of man he really is.

Is it just me or did United do the same last season, with the same fee?

Not defending Moyes here, but I'm sure he's not the one dictating how much United should bid for players.

Christ, it isnt about Utd coming after the lad, I havnt got a problem with that, it is the snidey, disrespectful way he/they are going about it.
Trying to get the best deal for his club? I don't see why people are having such trouble with Moyes trying to get Baines at a bargain price. It's an opening bid, we've rejected it, allegedly, they'll have to come back with more. It's how it's been since time immemorial.

As someone said earlier, smack a £28-30m price tag on him, meet that, or do one. It really is quite simple Bill, you inbred.

The ball is in Baines court really, given Moyes knows full well of his talent, it's a derisory offer to say the least. Best left back around for me, if he wants to stay, would take really stupid money like £30m to sell him an obviously given his age there is no way any team would pay that. If he wants to go then £24-25m for me.

Strange situation at Everton at the moment.

Our contracted manager is trying to buy our best player for another club, while our de facto manager is in South America scouting players we all know we cannot afford.

Moyes, held as a classy man in the media, goes back to his old club to raid their best players with embarrassingly low bids.

Just see what kind of man he really is.

And yet, Dan.....there are still people on this board whom can see no wrong in their idol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back