Leighton Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
The buck starts and stops with Moyes on this. There's no committee somewhere going over and above Moyes without consulting him on the value of a player he's managed for 7 years.

Not a chance over their mate. It's the same rumoured fee as last season.

Their number crunchers and stattos are rating him at that price. Not him.

He'll be gone. Start searching for a replacement. It's a low opening offer, if United really want him, expect a new bid in the range of £15m to test our resolve. Sadly, I think we'd cave at that.

So you believe he's telling the owners/chairmen of United what they should do and how much to spend in the transfer window, like he did here?

Fact is, he, like any manager, goes "I want him". The executives go about hammering a deal out. They put the price on players. If it gets too much, it breaks down, manager points out other targets.

All the manager does is say yes or no.

You usually talk sense mate, but if you think the man with the best knowledge in this whole 'industry' of what Baines is worth in the market place atm isn't having a huge say in this then you're in dreamland.

Now that it is out and clear he is after him he can **** off. £18m minimum, any less and Kenwright wants locking up. We know he'll be off as Bill will take the money but it is just so ****ing annoying. Guess we can afford half the Wigan team now with the Fellaini money on top.

Strange situation at Everton at the moment.

Our contracted manager is trying to buy our best player for another club, while our de facto manager is in South America scouting players we all know we cannot afford.

Moyes is Man Utd manager, Martinez is our manager, think people need to stop mentioning Moyes is still technically our manager as it doesn't hold any significance. Also it seems certain Fellaini is off so that would change who we can/cannot afford pal.

If the bid is upped to around £18 m. we should take it - he's 28. Oviedo is ready to take over, Garbutt in reserve.

Would give Bobby a nice transfer kit, and maybe Fellaini will stay this way.

Is he really?

Anytime i'v seen him he hasn't struck me as the kind of fella you want to be replacing your best player with.

So you believe he's telling the owners/chairmen of United what they should do and how much to spend in the transfer window, like he did here?

Fact is, he, like any manager, goes "I want him". The executives go about hammering a deal out. They put the price on players. If it gets too much, it breaks down, manager points out other targets.

He must have a say on value otherwise there's no prioritising of targets on the context of that window's transfer budget. For instance he could say he'd like Andy Carroll as a bench option, but would he be pleased if the excecs then blew £35M on him, wasting the majority of the spend budget in one go? No

It's an opening bid for god sake, its football...pretty sure moyes won't be the one deciding on how they go about attempting to do a deal. People don't half overreact!

Baines will be off, it's been pretty obvious for a while tbh. The fact he hasn't renewed his contract over the last 18moths speaks volumes. He's at his prime and I'm sure fancys a crack at titles and CL. We just have to get as much out of utd as possible.

Fellaini will follow out of the door, and most worrying is how the hell are we supposed to attract quality when all our best are leaving...depressing times!

Maybe that is the case, but if it is he owes Mark Hughes an apology because he's a hypocrite. He vilified Man City for doing similar. He played on the fact he made the decisions at Everton so he can't conveniently change his morals now he's at utd.

It would be good if you showed more concern for the club you purport to support rather than continue this sycophantic attempted justidication of Moyes, whom we are still paying at the time of going to press.

I'm just saying.

Try "back stabbing, classless blert of an operator", and I might be with you on that.
I'm not expecting you to agree with me outright, but we've praised Moyes for his ability to get good players cheap, why would he try differently at his new club?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back