Leighton Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moyes is a shrewder operator than Rodgers is and Allen was overpriced. Moyes knows what we can't afford to reject. It's also just the opening bid.

This is key, and it's the reason he should have steered clear of this bid.

Fair enough: business head on - he'd be mad not to chance his arm at impressing his new bosses by stripping Baines away on the cheap. Everton head on - he does this he can never be felt about in the same glowing terms he's enjoyed in the past from so many. It just makes him one of a number of parasites who've taken advantage of Everton when we've been poorly run.

I hope he enjoys the pat on the head from Ferguson.

Moyes probably doesn't set the bidding price, how much that bid increases is dependant on how much Moyes wants him though.

It's just indicative of how people in charge, and those that have been in charge view the club. As a means for their personal enrichment and they actually believe the fans/club are lucky to have/have had them.

May as well have offered £5M, it's nearly as derisory.

This is key, and it's the reason he should have steered clear of this bid.

Fair enough: business head on - he'd be mad not to chance his arm at impressing his new bosses by stripping Baines away on the cheap. Everton head on - he does this he can never be felt about in the same glowing terms he's enjoyed in the past from so many. It just makes him one of a number of parasites who've taken advantage of Everton when we've been poorly run.

I hope he enjoys the pat on the head from Ferguson.
I think we know this is the opening salvo and is meant to test resolve. Moyes certainly will have had an input but may well not be the key figure. I just don't get why people seem to think he should respect us and what we've done for him. Footballs a meaner business than that. Now he has his new job, I'm not sure why he would overly care about what we think of him.

What we need is a second club to show an interest.

This might alert Chelsea to make a bid for Baines to replace Ashley Cole.

As a point of principle I think we should get in touch with Moyes and tell him his contract is cancelled with immediate effect. It might only have a few days to go, but at least we can show that we're not going to be pushed around. In future I think we should get a clause included in manager's contracts from the start that if they leave they can't come in for any of our players for 1 year. This is standard practice in my industry if you are going to a competitor.

You usually talk sense mate, but if you think the man with the best knowledge in this whole 'industry' of what Baines is worth in the market place atm isn't having a huge say in this then you're in dreamland.

Of course he would. But there's no way he's going to that board and saying "pony up £20mill, ta". They'll dictate how much they want to pay, not what they should.

The same has to be said with Kenwright on the other end. He needs to slap a price tag on him and let them fight it out.

You won't see Levy buckling under the pressure when Real lowball Spurs for Bale.

If Baines is central to Utd, then they have to cough up. £28-30m price tag. Take it or leave it mate. Not as if they need squad players is it?

Because it's his old club - the one that's 'very special' to him?
That may well be, but he's taken up an incredibly tough job and possibly sees us as a soft target. It makes nothing but sense for him to go for Baines and what we value Baines at, may not be what the people at the club value him at, sadly.

It's just indicative of how people in charge, and those that have been in charge view the club. As a means for their personal enrichment and they actually believe the fans/club are lucky to have/have had them.

May as well have offered £5M, it's nearly as derisory.

Mate, the feller has bled EFC dry for 11 years. He must have waltzed off with about £25-30M in wages; had his family all over the wage bill; frigged off to United for a big signing on fee leaving us holding our balls and nothing else by way of compo. Now he's trying to mug circa £10M off us over Baines.

Moyesiah my arse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back