Leighton Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not usually maybe, but sorry mate, not buying that in this case.

Why, do you think?

He doesn't strike me as someone who is very interested in how much players will cost and budgets etc. It's not his job to value players and never has been. All he needs to be interested in is "Can we afford this lad?" If yes, then "Get him in". If not, then plan B, C etc etc.

From a business point of view it would probably be a good idea to sell, I think we often get too emotional. Sell him buy Shaw or the lad from Granada and sell them a bit later on to, this happens is Spain and Italy in teams who play in Europe regularly.

It is easy to get emotionally attached when its someone as loveable as Baines though.

It wouldn't make any kind of sense for that price. £6m profit on a player who has become one of the best players in his position in world football. Not for me.

Well he should after being here for 11 years. He sounds like a pretty bloodless freak if he doesn't.

As for the bargaining: I've seen £18M enter this thread as a figure that's 'adequate'. No ****ing chance. Add another few more on top and keep going. Cant believe anyone would settle for £18M. Best LB in Europe.
I also personally don't think 18m is enough, but it depends what they come back with and how much Leighton wants to stay or not.
I'm not mindlessly defending Moyes btw, I just think he won't take into account what people think he owes us.

I hope Baines tells the ginger tit to get to ****, really annoyed at just how snidey a bid this is. If you're going to be a tit and poach our best player after running down your contract for free at least bid what he's actually worth.

Just don't sell him. Tell all bidders to koff. I genuinely think Baines would be happy not to go so he won't spit the dummy out.

From a business point of view it would probably be a good idea to sell, I think we often get too emotional. Sell him buy Shaw or the lad from Granada and sell them a bit later on to, this happens is Spain and Italy in teams who play in Europe regularly.

It is easy to get emotionally attached when its someone as loveable as Baines though.

Mate, the lad is world class. We need to keep him. It's that simple.

Why, do you think?

He doesn't strike me as someone who is very interested in how much players will cost and budgets etc. It's not his job to value players and never has been. All he needs to be interested in is "Can we afford this lad?" If yes, then "Get him in". If not, then plan B, C etc etc.

Just too close to home, thats why.

I hope this news shoots down the Moyes fan club on here once and for all. He is still under contract to us yet this is coming out now? It is beyond bad taste.

Baines is everything for us at the moment. He's worth more than Fellaini. If we lose Baines we have to re-draw our entire attacking approach.

Thank God I didn't clap Moyes at the West Ham game. He was probably already smirking at what he'd get up to.

It wouldn't make any kind of sense for that price. £6m profit on a player who has become one of the best players in his position in world football. Not for me.

I'm Sure we can force the price up closer to 20 million.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back