Leighton Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't Coentroa (lb at Real Madrid ) go for 32 mill? Baines is a better player. I don't want Baines to go but 20 mill + chichorito and I might limit my sobbing to only a week

£32m for Coentrao. F*cking hell. People really think they can take the piss out of Everton, don't they? £12m for Leighton Baines ffs. Cheers Bill.

The way i see it is that Baines is a top class player at a club that can't compete with the big boys. There were always gonna be offers coming in for him. Its no suprise to me that Utd have come back in for him, especially as Moyes has managed him before. He's hardly gonna stand by and let one of his rivals snap Baines up out of respect for Everton.

12 million is a joke but were not gonna sell him for that, anything less than 25 mill and we've been ripped. Ive got a feeling it'll be bout 18 mill.

Didn't Coentroa (lb at Real Madrid ) go for 32 mill? Baines is a better player. I don't want Baines to go but 20 mill + chichorito and I might limit my sobbing to only a week

He's younger and more exotic, plus Real went a bit mental.

If Moyes knows that then why start out at that price? Seems a bit of a waste of time.

no not a waste of time mate its called a bid and anyone on this planet would start their bidding low as to try and get the best price!

not "i know they will take £24m so i will offer that"

everton "hmm £24m you say well we now want £30m"

starting your bid low is how the whole world works!! its upto kenwright to hold his nerve!

ok we will accept it then!!

Lots of United fans and pundits will disagree.

IMO it's still debateable in world football circles that people see Baines as a top world class player.

A lot of other teams would be willing to throw money at him if that were the case

Be livid if Baines leaves, Hes more than a player for me, Hes so down to earth and seems like he loves playing for Everton

Gutted if hes wearing a Utd shirt next season

And in 'tit of the year' news, the award goes to a comment from Mark on skysports:

"His age puts me off. 12 Million is too much. I think Buttner is a fresher option. Think Moyes has gone in for the wrong player."

The fact that some clueless Utd fans don't think he's worth £12m makes me fume even more.
That is breathtakingly arrogant to be honest.

And in 'tit of the year' news, the award goes to a comment from Mark on skysports:

"His age puts me off. 12 Million is too much. I think Buttner is a fresher option. Think Moyes has gone in for the wrong player."

The fact that some clueless Utd fans don't think he's worth £12m makes me fume even more.

They don't rate him mate.

Keep our expectations of the fee low so when they go a bit higher we are more inclined to accept.

Yes, exactly mate. Colluding with our board to pull the wool over Evertonian eyes that there's a genuine process at work here.

And this feller Moyes had the ****ing nerve to attack Blue Union members for trying to get some info out about how the club really works. The despicable hypocrite.

At the end of the day, if Baines wanted to move to United, I would hold nothing against him. Best LB in Europe, deserves to be playing Champions League football and will no doubt be England's first choice if he moves to United. Saying that, I won't be happy if we sell for any less than 17m or so.

But if they don't make derisory bids there's no chance he'll hand in a transfer request, one clearly impacts the other hugely.

yes they do!

as i said the fume with me will come if baines hands one in! meaning everton are now on the back foot and probs get less than we want!

Lots of United fans and pundits will disagree.

IMO it's still debateable in world football circles that people see Baines as a top world class player.

A lot of other teams would be willing to throw money at him if that were the case

Weren't minor Bavarian outfit Bayern Munich trying to sign him?

Lets not forget 5 teams finished above us last season without having baines in there side. 2 teams won 2 domestic cups again without baines in there teams. And 2 teams won European cups, again without baines being in there teAms.

Love baines and would obviously love to keep him here for ever but if he wants to go we have to get as much as we can, between 15 - 18M is probably the most we could get for him.

At the end of the day, if Baines wanted to move to United, I would hold nothing against him. Best LB in Europe, deserves to be playing Champions League football and will no doubt be England's first choice if he moves to United. Saying that, I won't be happy if we sell for any less than 17m or so.

£23M minimum.

no not a waste of time mate its called a bid and anyone on this planet would start their bidding low as to try and get the best price!

not "i know they will take £24m so i will offer that"

everton "hmm £24m you say well we now want £30m"

starting your bid low is how the whole world works!! its upto kenwright to hold his nerve!

ok we will accept it then!!

Yeeah hopefully BK will say Twenty-something million. Not a penny less, not even if you throw in a jarg second string player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back