Leighton Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Baines won't go. After releasing a statement to the press showing his desire to work with Martinez and the hopes of success for the forthcoming season it is highly unlikely he will leave. It wasn't a smokescreen he is genuine and I honestly think we will get 1 more season out of him before he does leave. It's not gonna come down to deadline day, the intention will be out there now. Baines isn't leaving.

Baines won't go. After releasing a statement to the press showing his desire to work with Martinez and the hopes of success for the forthcoming season it is highly unlikely he will leave. It wasn't a smokescreen he is genuine and I honestly think we will get 1 more season out of him before he does leave. It's not gonna come down to deadline day, the intention will be out there now. Baines isn't leaving.
I'm was thinking the same, but then you agreed and now I'm worried,

If he doesn't sign a contract then the club will sell him, its all up to Baines

We do sell players at high prices dont we?

Cant really remember the last time we had our pants pulled down over a transfer

Maybe Rooney

I would say £10m for Arteta was a joke in relation to the daft prices paid for the like of Allen, Henderson etc.

baines2_2441488b.jpg

With Lescott going for 24, 18 million would have been a fair test-the-water bid for a player like Baines. 12 million for one of if not the best left backs in Europe is an insult, plain and simple

I wouldn't be suprised if Moyes told them which players he fancies and then negotiating the price is done for him. If Moyes told them to bid 12 mill its a bit cheeky like but he's always going to try and pay under the odds rather than over. Im more worried about what Bill thinks is acceptable rather than what Moyes thinks.

Trying to convince myself he'll stay here. His agent would know a bid was imminent, so Baines would know too. So surely he wouldn't then state in an interview that he was looking forward to working with Martinez if a move to Man U was on the cards

Heart says he'll stay, head says he won't

Trying to convince myself he'll stay here. His agent would know a bid was imminent, so Baines would know too. So surely he wouldn't then state in an interview that he was looking forward to working with Martinez if a move to Man U was on the cards

Heart says he'll stay, head says he won't

Its seems that the interview had made Man u start the ball rolling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back