Leighton Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
The bid was always coming, if not from United from someone else, not arsed about that. But the fact Moyes is still technically employed by Everton, lost what respect I had left for him now.

Remember when we had a right go at Brenda for going for Swansea players after he said he wouldnt? "Typical Kopite behaviour" was one of the nicer comments I recall. Well at least that muppet paid top dollar.

Do you think the managers dictate the finances of the transfers?

The buck starts and stops with Moyes on this. There's no committee somewhere going over and above Moyes without consulting him on the value of a player he's managed for 7 years.

Last edited:
Add to this the fact he's still our manger.

We are paying him to bid for our best player.

It's a joke really.

It is a joke, it really really is.

Is it just me or did United do the same last season, with the same fee?

Not defending Moyes here, but I'm sure he's not the one dictating how much United should bid for players.

I'm assuming he has a large stake in the bid, if not the exact price.

And yet, Dan.....there are still people on this board whom can see no wrong in their idol.

All of that went out the window for me when he kept stalling and eventually packed his bags, before the season ended.

Remember when we had a right go at Brenda for going for Swansea players after he said he wouldnt? "Typical Kopite behaviour" was one of the nicer comments I recall. Well at least that muppet paid top dollar.

Exactly. If some no-mark player like Allen can fetch £15M for an 'unfashionable' club like Swansea then Moyes truly is taking the piss throwing in a £12M bid to us. It's an insult and he's responsible for it.

Yes, unless Moyes has changed his tune because he fell out with Mark Hughes for suggesting otherwise

So you believe he's telling the owners/chairmen of United what they should do and how much to spend in the transfer window, like he did here?

Fact is, he, like any manager, goes "I want him". The executives go about hammering a deal out. They put the price on players. If it gets too much, it breaks down, manager points out other targets.

All the manager does is say yes or no.

Exactly. If some no-mark player like Allen can fetch £15M for an 'unfashionable' club like Swansea then Moyes truly is taking the piss throwing in a £12M bid to us. It's an insult and he's responsible for it.
Moyes is trying to keep his net spend down at Man u, and trying to exploit us cos he got two years left on his contact. Who is Baines agent by the way?

If the bid is upped to around £18 m. we should take it - he's 28. Oviedo is ready to take over, Garbutt in reserve.

Would give Bobby a nice transfer kit, and maybe Fellaini will stay this way.

Moyes is a shrewder operator than Rodgers is and Allen was overpriced. Moyes knows what we can't afford to reject. It's also just the opening bid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back