Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Let’s talk about Nottingham Forest

All three appeals could have been given but none of them were clear cut sometimes you get them sometimes you don't. They were just unlucky not to get 1 of 3 in the game.
The ref didn't give any and VAR agreed with him.
As for the VAR fella being a Luton fan so What?
Why would he favour us ? We are just as much in the mix as Forest maybe even it would have been better for Luton if we had lost bearing in mind they have a chance to do us serious damage at there ground
Forests chairman is a bit of a crackpot and maybe football isn't the game for him.

There's a way they could have gone about this where they might have actually done some good overall by calling out the top six bias

If they'd waited until today to say something and put out a more measured response maybe

You can see how desperate Sky are to shut down the notion that top six sides get an easier go of it from referees. They do NOT want this brought to wider attention and clearly want to have Forest shoved back in their box

However, Forest are playing into their hands by coming off as borderline deranged with the language they're using

A good opportunity missed I think
Not sure why Luton fans would want us to beat forest? That's where their argument loses all credibility. If we drew or lost, Luton would be much more confident as we have to play them. Us winning changes nothing for Luton, other than there is a club who is only 1 point above them.

Forest and the tv pundits can whinge and whine all they want about penalties… the referee Anthony Taylor was adamant on the field that none of them were and then VAR reviewed all three and they too decided they were not penalties.

VAR is there primarily to decide if there was a clear and obvious error by the referee, and not once, not twice but, THREE times, VAR said there was not.

End of story.
Was it tough on Forest… NO !!!

To be fair if those decisions went against us I’d be raging and speaking objectively that last one was stonewall.

It’s a rare week where we got away with one

I was made up when Forest got promoted.

90 seconds of the game it took them to start the poverty chanting yesterday. NINETY SECONDS. Some reports of them chanting "sign on" while Beto was down unconscious.

Jumped on the "we might sue Everton" bandwagon when we got our first charge... then all their fans want "solidarity" now it's happened to them.

They can GTF. Hope they go down and stay there.

That tweet I think was more for the fans then anything else which is nuts.

Why go public with a tweet like that when there are official channels to express dissatisfaction with a referee ?

Forest fans must be embarrassed by that tweet and if not they should be

It shows the industrial size stupidity of Danny Murphy when he said that the fact that the Forest playes placed his foot on the ground during the first penalty appeal meant that it wasn't a penalty (as it wasn't enough to make him fall over). If he had been one of those players who gets kicked/tripped on his right foot and then throws his left foot up to ensure he falls over (IE: he dives) then Mensa Murphy would consider that to be a penalty. It's idiots like this that make it easier for the cheats to prosper.

I was made up when Forest got promoted.

90 seconds of the game it took them to start the poverty chanting yesterday. NINETY SECONDS. Some reports of them chanting "sign on" while Beto was down unconscious.

Jumped on the "we might sue Everton" bandwagon when we got our first charge... then all their fans want "solidarity" now it's happened to them.

They can GTF. Hope they go down and stay there.
All together now...

🎼 We hate Nottingham Forest etc, etc.

I'm glad forest have taken the fall, but they've said what everyone was thinking. They just fell into the trap of thinking it was about them.
There is no corruption against one club. There is however corruption in so much as the premier league is promoting their brand and ensuring the sky 6 are kept sweet and there is always a relegation battle on the last day of the season.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back