Liverpool v Everton. 28th Jan at 20.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not

A

Chance

We are about to find out of Martinez is human or not.

I read an interview with Coleman explaining how Martinez showed him and Baines videos of full backs getting in to the box and trying to score themselves and since doing so it has quite clearly raised there games, well Comean's certainly.

If he can in anyway add an attacking dimension to Hibbert's game then I'll seriously start questioning whether he can walk on water.

Sorry if its been posted elsewhere:

Liverpool have not lost a Merseyside derby at Anfield for more than 14 years but memories of that September night in 1999 still burn in Steven Gerrard. That is hardly surprising, given he collected the game's third red card for a thigh-high foul on Kevin Campbell and was later confronted in a restaurant toilet by an angry Everton striker with his trousers around his ankles.

"I had a gut-wrenching pain in my stomach after that defeat. It took a long time to go," the Liverpool captain recalls of a Campbell-inflicted 1-0 reverse. "We'd lost, I'd been sent off but I'd booked a meal at the Albert Dock for afterwards thinking we were going to win the game. I really didn't want to go but at the same time I don't like letting people down so I went with a face on me and the first person I bumped into in the toilet was Kevin Campbell.

"He dropped his kecks and showed me the stud-marks I'd left on his thigh. When you're 19 and there's a man-mountain stood in front of you with a cob-on there's only one thing you can do so I apologised for the tackle and shook his hand."

Super Kevin!

:lol:

I try never to get too hopeful in this fixture, but I have a feeling we will do them tonight. Need to
keep Goofy and the Sh*T Dancer quiet and we are half way there

What worries me is that we seen to struggle for goals lately, since Lukaku went off the boil I guess. We need a big performance from Mirallas tonight with some end product.

Wonder if their sewer rat will try to do Miralles tonight – hopefully Bobby has a bit of a quiet word with the ref before kick off to keep an eye out

Well in Chico. Good stuff that.
I'm veering between quietly confident and bricking it. It'll probably be a 2-2 draw but I predict a riot with Hibbo scoring the winner to make it 2-1.
Come on Blue Boys, these are sh^te.

Wonder if their sewer rat will try to do Miralles tonight – hopefully Bobby has a bit of a quiet word with the ref before kick off to keep an eye out

if he's going to have a word with the ref about anything it needs to be how often they pull shifts and grab people from corners and free kicks. The Bournemouth manager pretty much said it after their cup game after yet another blatant penalty was missed. Skrtel does it from every corner and at the weekend Kelly was lucky to get away with it. No refs ever give pens from it but it's blatant fouling

I'd tell our players to make plenty of runs from early corners and free kicks and if they feel any shirt grabbing then to go down. It's highly unlikely we'll get given anything but if we highlight it early on the ref will be under increased pressure to put a stop to it

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back