Match Thread Liverpool v Everton, FA Cup 3rd Round, Friday 5th Jan 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got back.

We played well.

Their fanbase is properly weird. Half and half scarves, iPads, everyone in colours, scarf twirling, wools and foreigners everywhere.

What's the point? I'd hate it if we became like that.

Me too mate, me too. Home now and had a few texts from my mates who support them & go their game - not sure what they did in school to deserve that - but they acknowledged our turnout. They loved that it was a real Derby with majority being local - they hate their tourists too. Imagine supporting a team who the real supporters don't want your support?

Tough one. Football has changed in my lifetime

They beat us, we're still bridesmaids..

But they were afraid and we did make them sweat for it..

Have we won the, we make the so and sos sweat fir it cup? Nah because thstd jarg.

But listeb, weve been bummed at thay hell hole for the past few years when we attacked. Today, we attacked (not very well) but we did..

This whole point makes me sick btw, but rue fact is, we performed pretty decent at anfield, with a squad most Evertonians hate..

Have we won the, we make the so and sos sweat fir it cup? Nah because thstd jarg.

But listeb, weve been bummed at thay hell hole for the past few years when we attacked. Today, we attacked (not very well) but we did..

This whole point makes me sick btw, but rue fact is, we performed pretty decent at anfield, with a squad most Evertonians hate..

Ffs, grim reading what i've qrote there. How bad are we, just my thoughts

That's the issue for me though- at 1-1 they were shaken and a second goal should have been in our sights. Instead the usual story took place. We played fairly well (in comparison to last time in December) and yet we still lost. The RS were quite awful and missing their two best players and we STILL got beat. It was Andy bloody Carroll in 2012 all over again. We completely bottle it in these big moments, not even just in the derby. Been this way for years, long before Allardyce rocked up.

The horror, the horror.

Me too mate, me too. Home now and had a few texts from my mates who support them & go their game - not sure what they did in school to deserve that - but they acknowledged our turnout. They loved that it was a real Derby with majority being local - they hate their tourists too. Imagine supporting a team who the real supporters don't want your support?

Tough one. Football has changed in my lifetime
Same here mate. Said to my lads walking back through Stanley Park that their fan base has changed massively. I haven't been to their place for 20 years (my choice) but my lads persuaded me to go this time. I enjoyed being amongst our following (in those numbers). But as you say, things have changed. The lads I grew up with that are RS are proper football lads. On derby day its do or die with them still. But theyve got about 15,000 beauts that go to their home games. They barely celebrated their 1st goal. Strange.
They celebrated their winner but that was out of relief I reckon.
Didn't think we did enough to win, but 1-1 wouldn't have been unrealistic.

Last edited:
Same here mate. Said to my lads walking back through Stanley Park that their fan base has changed massively. I haven't been to there place for 20 years (my choice) but my lads persuaded me to go this time. I enjoyed being amongst our following (in those numbers). But as you say, things have changed. The lads I grew up with that are RS are proper football lads. On derby day its do or die with them still. But theyve got about 15,000 beauts that go to their home games. They barely celebrated their 1st goal. Strange.
Celebrated their winner but that was out of relief I reckon.
Didn't think we did enough to win, but 1-1 wouldn't have been unrealistic.

Played well Stu. 1 - 1 & no complaints either side. But we'll get distracted in the m dia by the lad scoring on his debut & totally ignore the Llama dive or the Brazilian kid spewing bile at Holgate. Everton unlucky at Anfield don't make much copy - especially since the Echo Pink went!!!.

That's the issue for me though- at 1-1 they were shaken and a second goal should have been in our sights. Instead the usual story took place. We played fairly well (in comparison to last time in December) and yet we still lost. The RS were quite awful and missing their two best players and we STILL got beat. It was Andy bloody Carroll in 2012 all over again. We completely bottle it in these big moments, not even just in the derby. Been this way for years, long before Allardyce rocked up.

The horror, the horror.

Agree with most of what ye say.
I dont thinknit was Andy Carroll all kver again because in my eyes the Everton side i've just watched didn't cower..

It was bettered by a much.better Liverpool side than the Andy Carroll one..
And im saying bettered Generously.
They were crap, we were slightly crapper.

We know we're crap though.

I have no point mate, sorry.

Its just an improvement in previous derbys, it also says a lot on ou performance in derbysw.
Which is for another thread, and another bloody person

Played well Stu. 1 - 1 & no complaints either side. But we'll get distracted in the m dia by the lad scoring on his debut & totally ignore the Llama dive or the Brazilian kid spewing bile at Holgate. Everton unlucky at Anfield don't make much copy - especially since the Echo Pink went!!!.
Certainly played better than the league game. But got beat still. I said to my lads at 1-1 "lets get the winner". Normally I'd be sweating for a draw. And then.... it happens again!! A late winner for them!!
A penalty and a set piece goal. We did the hard bit by containing them in open play. Galling. As for Lallana.... I'm speechless it was given. Awful decision.

I know Jags player well overall but the whole not jumping for that corner was him all over. He’d boot it in his own net if we were ever winning at that place.

Hahahahah the rs are getting tweets from when Holgate was 15 saying f***ot to cover up their racist striker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back