Match Thread Liverpool v Everton, FA Cup 3rd Round, Friday 5th Jan 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our set piece defending was subpar. VVD should have done much better on that first header he had on goal that went straight at Pickford. He scored from a set piece beating Jags, Holgate, and Pickford to the ball. We also gave up a free header at the far post that should have been buried...can't remember who it was...Matip? Reminded me of that goddamn Ings free header they scored a couple of years ago.

Anyway...set piece defending was poor.

Our set piece defending was subpar. VVD should have done much better on that first header he had on goal that went straight at Pickford. He scored from a set piece beating Jags, Holgate, and Pickford to the ball. We also gave up a free header at the far post that should have been buried...can't remember who it was...Matip? Reminded me of that goddamn Ings free header they scored a couple of years ago.

Anyway...set piece defending was poor.

Gomez that back post one. He missed a couple of sitters in the league game the other week too.

For an Allardyce team vs a team who can’t manage set pieces against anyone else, we looked vulnerable defending them and useless attacking them.

We are pathetic tbh. They were without their two best players, certainly looked beatable, and we still choked. They do get the lions share of ridiculous decisions, some absolute dumb luck, but more often than not we are our own worst enemy. The semi and the 3-3 at Goodison spring to mind. Giving away sloppy goals and failing to take our own.

We are pathetic tbh. They were without their two best players, certainly looked beatable, and we still choked. They do get the lions share of ridiculous decisions, some absolute dumb luck, but more often than not we are our own worst enemy. The semi and the 3-3 at Goodison spring to mind. Giving away sloppy goals and failing to take our own.

Agree completely here mate...

I'm not sure if they are looking at fa cup games mate but if they are it's a ban as simple as that. He dives mid air with both feet in the air when there is no foot to fall over so it has nothing to do with the arm flicking his nipple.
It was soft, I agree, but how can you dive if both of your feet are in the air? Maybe you mean 'went down easily".

For me it over to Tosun now if he doesn't improve us quick I'm not wasting my time watching us again this season as we are truly p**s poor and even when we do ok someone makes a hash of things. It's just getting to depressing now.
Did you not watch us between September - November?

That time period was infinitely more depressing than last night, performance wise at least.

I actually thought we played a lot better and were unlucky not to take it to a replay.

It was soft, I agree, but how can you dive if both of your feet are in the air? Maybe you mean 'went down easily".

Don't swimmers dive and both of their feet are in the air? In order to dive you have to push yourself off something and as far as I could see Lallana pushed himself into the air and lifted both feet into the air as if he had took a kick when in fact all Holgate had done was tickle his nipple.

It wasn't a soft pen, it was a blatant dive and he conned the ref to get it.

He's wrong though. Was a pen. In his day maybe not.

Great player, but his judgement is awful. He got the gig because of who he is. Boring, dull, thick, and adds nothing. Dare I say it Robbie Savage is more interesting.
Mods? For the first time I find myself seeing the necessity for neg rep! Mods?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back