Match Thread Liverpool v Everton, FA Cup 3rd Round, Friday 5th Jan 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m tired of it all I have to say. It gets to the stage where you don’t dare hope, then you still get drawn in only for fate to laugh in your face yet again like last night.

I barely thought about the game all day yesterday, it was just something to be endured. They took the lead inevitably and when we equalised I allowed myself to hope that we might get a replay.

Perhaps the issue is that the players feel like I do but the difference is they are paid handsomely and I get nothing but grief.

Better than the league game in performance. But still woefully short in what I expect from an Everton team. Someone told me we only had one shot on target again?

I feel harsh being critical as it was SO much better from December but Allardyce is so far away from being a proper everton manager it's frightening.

Harsh to blame Pickford really too after a very good season he's having.

As for the pen it's not a pen but I'm going to have to take my medicine on that after crowing for days about our 'non' pen we got in December to the reds in work.

In short. Better but still miles from being good enough allardyce.

Anyone else watching at home think the commentators were awful. Calling Liverpool forwards the red arrows, forgetting Bolasie had been out for over a year, being negative about us at any given opportunity and trying to belittle us? Also didn't pick up on the 50/50 decisions going their way.

Because they got they're signing wrapped up for the derby we didn't. There's scored and ours didn't have a chance.

The lad we've just signed is going to need some time regardless. VVD has been playing for S'ton since October and has been in the Premier League three seasons. It's not really the same.

Don't swimmers dive and both of their feet are in the air? In order to dive you have to push yourself off something and as far as I could see Lallana pushed himself into the air and lifted both feet into the air as if he had took a kick when in fact all Holgate had done was tickle his nipple.

It wasn't a soft pen, it was a blatant dive and he conned the ref to get it.
'He dives mid air with both feet in the air', you said. Nothing about pushing himself off. And that was my point. It's hard to
dive with both feet in the air. Impossible, in fact.

That was my defence of DCL the other week. His feet were off the ground at the moment that Lovren pushed him.

Lallana exaggerated it, but Holgate wrapped his arms around him. Pen. Niasse exaggerated the contact at Palace, but
it was there. Pen. Both soft, but...

'He dives mid air with both feet in the air', you said. Nothing about pushing himself off. And that was my point. It's hard to
dive with both feet in the air. Impossible, in fact.

That was my defence of DCL the other week. His feet were off the ground at the moment that Lovren pushed him.

Lallana exaggerated it, but Holgate wrapped his arms around him. Pen. Niasse exaggerated the contact at Palace, but
it was there. Pen. Both soft, but...
Football is a contact sport. Arms will contact bodies.
There was never enough contact to make Lallana go down and as such it was a clear dive. He should be banned - but experience tells me that won't happen. It's also not difficult to throw yourself over with both feet off the ground.
It was never a pen in a million years and nothing like Lovren pushing over DCL.
Cheating bastards and incompetent referee.
Sickening that we bottled it at the end though. We really are terrible at defending set pieces though.

Anyone else watching at home think the commentators were awful. Calling Liverpool forwards the red arrows, forgetting Bolasie had been out for over a year, being negative about us at any given opportunity and trying to belittle us? Also didn't pick up on the 50/50 decisions going their way.
Did you expect anything else ? I agree totally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back