Match Thread Liverpool v Everton, FA Cup 3rd Round, Friday 5th Jan 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m tired of it all I have to say. It gets to the stage where you don’t dare hope, then you still get drawn in only for fate to laugh in your face yet again like last night.

I barely thought about the game all day yesterday, it was just something to be endured. They took the lead inevitably and when we equalised I allowed myself to hope that we might get a replay.

Perhaps the issue is that the players feel like I do but the difference is they are paid handsomely and I get nothing but grief.

Summed up perfectly.

Why can't we just win there :(
Not including cups we haven't won at Anfield,old Trafford,emirates or Stamford bridge since before Moyes time here, the only time was at old Trafford when Moyes was manager there (I only just remembered that one). That is a disgraceful record, that needs sorting asap if we are serious about becoming a bigger club. As for cup games away at them clubs I'm not sure we have faired any better, but we did beat chelseas away on pens in one of the cups.

Anyone else watching at home think the commentators were awful. Calling Liverpool forwards the red arrows, forgetting Bolasie had been out for over a year, being negative about us at any given opportunity and trying to belittle us? Also didn't pick up on the 50/50 decisions going their way.

Guy Mowbray has always come across as anti-Everton.

I think Keown wanted us to win, deep down.

Most of pundits are anti Everton, only because that they are not a part of our wonderful family..COYB.
Devastated to hear my favourite weather forecaster on bbc saying come on you reds at his early evening gig on the news. Is everyone at RS ffs?
Anyway balls to all that. In true Evertonian fashion, my pain has all but gone. Looking forward, hoping for, praying for, being optimistic for.....a decent remainder of the season.

I don't get why there was no one on the post for the winner? Surely it is basics?

I posted the same thing in this thread after the game last night.

You see tonight (not you personally), there will be goals scored on Match of the Day where there is no defender on the post for a corner. It happens every week in the Prem, yet Managers seem to be blind to this manner of conceding a goal.

MESSGAE TO SAM: YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE A GREAT DEFENSIVE MANAGER. PUT A DEFENDER ON EACH POST WHEN WE DEFEND CORNERS, AND PREVENT GOALS, LOST POINTS.

That singular thing lost us the game last night, and he should hang his head in shame as a result...

Most of pundits are anti Everton, only because that they are not a part of our wonderful family..COYB.
Its hard to explain mate. Being a Blue really can hurt sometimes. But wouldn't swap it for the world. I was at the game last night and I've not been to their place for 20 years. Wouldn't want to be a part of what they've become (fan wise). Too many plastic fans for me. Call me a dinosaur but thats just me.

Has that cheating get been summoned to the FA yet for conning the ref to award a pen.

He went down like he’d been shot or tasered. The cheating get.
There was pushing shoving and holding (on both sides) when Van Dijk, in the box, headed goalwards from a corner in 2nd half. Headed straight at Pickford who spilled then gathered. Nothing given either way. Yet, Lallana wins a pen for that? Outrageous and inconsistent.

Its hard to explain mate. Being a Blue really can hurt sometimes. But wouldn't swap it for the world. I was at the game last night and I've not been to their place for 20 years. Wouldn't want to be a part of what they've become (fan wise). Too many plastic fans for me. Call me a dinosaur but thats just me.
I know we lost but to be there last night along with 8000 blues was fantastic. Proud to be a blue.COYB...NSNO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back